RF created a DD Z sub killer?

im sure they are coming from the same factory just a different name.
sorry it is what it is.

back in the day r.f. and kicker was good, high end stuff. they cared about what they put out. well they sold out.. so it is what it is.

so for the price of there stuff i would not pay half the price for it. as all your buying is the " name " and the name does not mean anything now a days.
You have proof of that? Considering a lot of RF products I am talking about are made in Korea and boss and dual are made in China. Yes, my t2500 cp and t1000 cp are just rebadged dual and boss boards...I'm a sucker for their supreme marketing gimmick. Nor the fact I've used a couple fairly recent RF amps for mids and highs that I would place on par with Zapco C2K's in performance.To claim RF is out of same buildhouse as dual and or boss as a justification to say they have ****** product...ignorant as hell even if it was true. Even if they were out of the same buildhouse it doesn't mean they are using the same components nor have the same quality checks. If I'm wrong it must mean your soundqubed products are no better than Dual as well? Just more Chinese junk. I can make unfounded statements as well.

What kills me most about this forum is the rampant conjecture that reigns supreme. It's not quite as bad as SMD, but still. People bash without proof or even experience with alot of products. I'm sorry, but it kills me people with such high post counts and in some cases early join dates apparently spend their time on forums talking and spreading ******** more than reading and learning. You have a problem with RF's marketing ploys and business practices? That's fine, but clarify that's the reason you dislike them. If you say that they are not worth the money or better products can be had for less money then I will have to concede, but if you can in all seriousness say their current power or punch series products are complete junk then I ask for proof. What makes RF so terrible? Their insanely high failure rates? Their sub par ability to function as burp machines? Their rebadged amp boards? The high costs for Asian products is the only thing I can see that may make them a less appealing brand.

Kicker I don't know so well. Tried a few of their products and while nothing to write home about didn't seem terrible.

Kicker and RF amps are ok, although overpriced. The subs are what is garbage.

The RF 2500.1 and Kicker warhose are great amps. However, I feel like you can get better for the money.

Rockford's regulated power supply stuff has its advantages and disadvantages

I'll give you the cost part but to say heat isn't a factor is 100% BS. The magnets are much smaller which creates heat dissipation problems... that's why the nicest neo **** you see has heatsinks, cause they're needed.
Nonsense. I've seen heat sinks on tweeters, but I'm not terribly convinced those even do anything but look cool Ditto with say the Fi neo subs. There's a lot of steel in the top plate, pole, and bottom plate, those fins are just to make it look cool. A motor like that will barely get warm to the touch before you'll melt the coil. Even the TC made Neo 3hp, Neo 4hp (beehive), or Neo sig don't have any heat sinks and those are significantly smaller than most other neo subs.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Rockford's regulated power supply stuff has its advantages and disadvantages
The only disadvantage of regulated power supply is the cost.

The other disadvantage I see is that they don't make giant ones.

If they do, what is the biggest amp with a regulated power supply?

Can you give me a list of their many advantages? I'm interested in them, and may start a new thread about regulated power supplies if there is enough information/interest/discussion.

I know this thread got a bit off the original topic

The other disadvantage I see is that they don't make giant ones.
If they do, what is the biggest amp with a regulated power supply?

Can you give me a list of their many advantages? I'm interested in them, and may start a new thread about regulated power supplies if there is enough information/interest/discussion.

I know this thread got a bit off the original topic
You know you want fosgate amps. Quit telling lies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You know you want fosgate amps. Quit telling lies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
If they make one more powerful than the Taramps 20.2k, I'm all in.

Right now, I'm trying to trade my M4a and a 9512 for Taylor's amp on here.

Saw this on CACO today and loled:

lol.jpg

Maybe it's just me but I really like the new big RF subs (the new shallow is quite interesting as well) -- they are pretty cool. They took the time to tool up and produce some really cool stuff -- I applaud them for it.

Naturally they won't be a cost to performance leader but I think they will perform quite well based on what I've seen of them.

Maybe it's just me but I really like the new big RF subs (the new shallow is quite interesting as well) -- they are pretty cool. They took the time to tool up and produce some really cool stuff -- I applaud them for it.
Naturally they won't be a cost to performance leader but I think they will perform quite well based on what I've seen of them.
Hurry up and make a production Neo! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You have proof of that? Considering a lot of RF products I am talking about are made in Korea and boss and dual are made in China. Yes, my t2500 cp and t1000 cp are just rebadged dual and boss boards...I'm a sucker for their supreme marketing gimmick. Nor the fact I've used a couple fairly recent RF amps for mids and highs that I would place on par with Zapco C2K's in performance.To claim RF is out of same buildhouse as dual and or boss as a justification to say they have ****** product...ignorant as hell even if it was true. Even if they were out of the same buildhouse it doesn't mean they are using the same components nor have the same quality checks. If I'm wrong it must mean your soundqubed products are no better than Dual as well? Just more Chinese junk. I can make unfounded statements as well.
What kills me most about this forum is the rampant conjecture that reigns supreme. It's not quite as bad as SMD, but still. People bash without proof or even experience with alot of products. I'm sorry, but it kills me people with such high post counts and in some cases early join dates apparently spend their time on forums talking and spreading ******** more than reading and learning. You have a problem with RF's marketing ploys and business practices? That's fine, but clarify that's the reason you dislike them. If you say that they are not worth the money or better products can be had for less money then I will have to concede, but if you can in all seriousness say their current power or punch series products are complete junk then I ask for proof. What makes RF so terrible? Their insanely high failure rates? Their sub par ability to function as burp machines? Their rebadged amp boards? The high costs for Asian products is the only thing I can see that may make them a less appealing brand.

Kicker I don't know so well. Tried a few of their products and while nothing to write home about didn't seem terrible.
RF amps are made in China and Malaysia.

Is this not the same thing Boss does?

So because they have the same marketing tactics when targeting noobs with their entry level products means they have the same build house 100% no doubt? Not that I agree with that tactic, but still "where's the beef?" I don't see any conclusive proof boss and RF are one and the same with some of their product lines. I know I'm happy with my CP's and have enjoyed both versions of the HX2 as well as a silver cone T2 along with a lot of their older subs/amps

Just checked my 2500 and yes it's made in malaysia. Don't know why I was thinking they were made in Korea. Good catch.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the 3" VC Sundown Neos if they are in the works. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Although really looking forward to the Neo SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So because they have the same marketing tactics when targeting noobs with their entry level products means they have the same build house 100% no doubt? Not that I agree with that tactic, but still "where's the beef?" I don't see any conclusive proof boss and RF are one and the same with some of their product lines. I know I'm happy with my CP's and have enjoyed both versions of the HX2 as well as a silver cone T2 along with a lot of their older subs/amps
Just checked my 2500 and yes it's made in malaysia. Don't know why I was thinking they were made in Korea. Good catch.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the 3" VC Sundown Neos if they are in the works. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Although really looking forward to the Neo SQ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I didn't say they used the same build house as Boss. I said their marketing tactics are similar. In the case of the new T1 having a smaller motor than my 8

Nonsense. I've seen heat sinks on tweeters, but I'm not terribly convinced those even do anything but look cool Ditto with say the Fi neo subs. There's a lot of steel in the top plate, pole, and bottom plate, those fins are just to make it look cool. A motor like that will barely get warm to the touch before you'll melt the coil. Even the TC made Neo 3hp, Neo 4hp (beehive), or Neo sig don't have any heat sinks and those are significantly smaller than most other neo subs. 

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

And efficiency. I also don't think RFs are regulated. Reading the spec sheet close, they look just like a 1ohm amp running at .5. I'm sure that helps with that dynamic birth sheet rating(another trick for noobs)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.