SA-12 sub orientation and box size

Participant count
  • Participant list

MobileLightning

I plan to install a couple SA-12s within the next couple weeks. I only have the room for 2ea. "1 cubic foot" sealed boxes. Also, the subs will be firing straight up at the hatchback.

Is this box too small? Site recommends 1 cube.

Does firing up degrade sub performance?

Thanks,

J

I plan to install a couple SA-12s within the next couple weeks. I only have the room for 2ea. "1 cubic foot" sealed boxes. Also, the subs will be firing straight up at the hatchback.
Is this box too small? Site recommends 1 cube.

Does firing up degrade sub performance?

Thanks,

J
Yes. It is too small.

Manufacturers recommend the minimum amount usually. Is it 1 Cu.Ft. in total or each? Go with 10s instead. I'm not sure 1 Cu.Ft in total net would be enough even for 2 SA-10s.

I personally fire rear due to space restraints related to very sharply reclined fixed rear seats.

I would recommend a single SA-10 in a Ported 1.5CuFt. @33-35Hz enclosure. That should get you going.

Dayton HO 10s do well in a sealed enclosure in 1.0 ,and carry a 5 year warranty that most subs only carry a 1 year warranty.Beefy 600 rms tens and can take a bit more over the RMS of clean power as Ive experienced of a true clean 750 each on the daily on a pair on my first generation American Bass VFL 4480.1 d

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.