Should i down grade

Participant count
  • Participant list

BayAreaSlaps408

So I found out with my SQ Q1-2200.1 i might need to upgrade my stock 120amp alternator. Was thinking of down grading to sumthing around 1500rms so I don't need to swap out my alt and spend more $ !!! I know with A=W/V I would be around 125-150 amps depending on voltage from 12v-14v. Wit dat being said do think I'd be safe w my stock 120amp alt, solid battery and 1/0 gauge big 3 to push 1500rms??? Or if I have to just buy a 200 amp HO alt and keep my SQ2200.1???

And I know dis ain't all up to par w car accessories, amplifier efficiency,etc,etc,etc..... Just a quick mock up to get n idea of my situation

Any help, opinions or info will be greatly appreciated, THANKS!!!

Well what kind of vehicle?? The 2200 is pretty efficient but with 120 amp alt it's pretty marginal you would prolly b ok if you add a couple of batts but if you add a mid/high amp your gonna be drawing too much for that 120a alt to keep up. Reason I asked what vehicle is many times you can buy a stock replacement alt with a higher amp rating from a parts store like autozone for cheap. I have a rodeo that came with a 120a alt but autozone offered a lifetime warranty 180a alt for like 100$ ...you might get lucky and find a similar deal.

So your stock alt would prolly run the 2200 but its not gonna run much more than that. So a couple of batts and a 180 amp alt is your best bet.

Also I have a crap ton of alts laying around for Gm and ford so I might b able to hook an audio hommie up if you let me know what vehicle you have if its a Gm I have several 180 and 200 amp alts ill make you a good deal on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.