Should I go Alpine?

i dont know how much truth it holds, but i heard a rumor that eclipse was making some of the new RF decks (specifically the flip out monitor combo). but that was just a rumor, i dont know how true that was.
I don't think so

i have owned over a dozen eclipses, 4 alpines, and 2 pioneers. wont ever go pioneer again. wont go with eclipse until they step it up, and for right now, alpine, i think, is the way to go. but then again, havent been exposed to some of the other recent high end decks that clarion, nak, etc. has to offer.
What does Eclipse need to "step up" for you to consider them?

Well i have the 9847 which is the 9851 without the fancy faceplate and i love it to death. Would recommend it anytime!

Dont worry I wont, dropped Alpine along time ago. My customers also no longer even mention it.

Many dealers dropped Alpine because of their distribution, not quality. When BB picked them up, and their reps decided everyone was a potential dealer, they turned to harder-to-obtain lines like Eclipse.

Then CC and Crutchfield got them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif So that was lose-lose.

I have an older Alpine (CDA-7873) and I love it. it sounds great, and has all the features that I need. I am planning on getting a new head unit soon, and Alpine is still a consideration, but I think I am going to go with an Eclipse. not cuz Alpine's are bad, I just like trying new products and the new Eclipse head units are pretty slick.

Is this your personal opinion or do you have some factual info to back that up?
Personally, I have owned nothing but Alpine and have never had a problem with one. My personal opinion is that they are the best hands down and I wouldn't own anything else.

Go Alpine, you wont be disappointed.

The new Excelons are better in SQ than Alpine's.....in my own car,I ran several brands because I have access to alot of free/demo's - I use em then repack them as long as they arent scratched they are resold via retail installers...

I tested 9833,9830,9855,860MP, and a 7700MP in the last year or so

the Excelon 789 and 889 was clearly better sounding in 2 of my car's...same amps,same speakers etc - If I thought the Alpine was better than the Excelons or made my car sound better I would be stating that fact..Of the group I messed with Alpine was actually the worst sounding of the group - I am sure that the new line up is better,gimme a few months

Ill try out the new flagship and either praise it or pan it....

So you keep beliving the Alpine hype if you choose,they are big sellers mainly due to the market image they have created

I wouldent touch one again for a long time.......

Go Eclipse or Panosonic
Pioneers are great but it is true Alpine is pretty much out of the High Quality HU MFG'rs
No you didn't......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.