Silverado DDZ build

Did some Illuminati shit that I learned in geometry class to find the center of the circle

IMG_20150829_112625_785_zpscbduhmet.jpg

Mid fit

IMG_20150829_124649_404_zpscifwtwto.jpg

I used a hole saw to cut the tweeter mounting hole. Mistake to leave the mid mounted in the baffle. The edge of the blade bit wrong and skipped onto the cone of the mid. Tore through the dust cap and part of the cone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Now I got a stencil for future reference..

IMG_20150829_131651_777_zpswicsoj8u.jpg

Here's everything mounted in the door. Probably going to bondo the edge of the plywood layers and then wrap with fabric

IMG_20150829_131643_937_zpspf9dqyxk.jpg

Must have been your first time using a hole saw lmao!!! Start it in reverse to get it started then go forward for smoothness and it shouldn't jump and tear up your neo pros! That's a bummer dude

Did you use 1.5in ply on that hahahahah!!!
Some nasty creations going on here 8D

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
Three layers of 3/4 inch birch

Oh forgot to add.. Lookup jasper circle jig..
This would have made it easy for you

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk
I don't have a router. If I do, I can't find it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Im not sure how to feel about this build.
It's great that you felt the need to share your indecision

Bondo'd the edges and I'll probably get to sanding it tomorrow.

Now I'm thinking about just painting them instead of wrapping.

IMG_20150829_195644_409_zpsbizein6k.jpg

Everyone with a blown sub needs to do this!

Hang the magnet in your garage and stick your tools to it. It's an easy way to store your tools in an accessible location, you can see everything, and there's the bonus of magnetizing everything!

IMG_20150829_201406_540_zpsyyoohxui.jpg

Got this banner last week for $22

Hopefully some day I can afford to buy more XS batteries and maybe get sponsored for a discounted price rate

IMG_20150829_201852_160_zpsni2wt2zc.jpg

It's great that you felt the need to share your indecision

You're welcome.

See part of me appreciates the hand built sub, the selection of raw drivers run active, the huge box in that truck. But when does it get pretty? Gonna be any surprises like vinyl wrapping or fiberglass and paint? Stain and poly?

You're welcome.

See part of me appreciates the hand built sub, the selection of raw drivers run active, the huge box in that truck. But when does it get pretty? Gonna be any surprises like vinyl wrapping or fiberglass and paint? Stain and poly?
When I decide what to cover it with

I'm more of a function over form kinda person. If it's loud and sounds good, I could care less what it looks like

I like the magnet tool organizer btw.
Thanks, works like a charm

Yeah, I may try that later on. For now, these are temporarily mounted and I don't have to worry about messing them up.
I was planning on making my door baffles today, but it's raining all day.
Same here bro, I have a storm coming here to fl, traffic is going to be terrible...
Share some of that rain.... We need all the storms we can get over here.

Good work so far. bummer about the mid though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.