small enclosure, undecided on Sub size and sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

DaRevrin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ok so i used two have tens behind my seats in my dodge dakota. Well after a year or so without them i am kind of wanting subs again in my truck. I had a 15 in there with one seat removed, it was a IA death row.. but put it in my brothers suv instead mainly because i figured it would be louder, which it is much louder than it was in my truck.

The boxes will be about this size

Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 97-04 Pair of Subwoofer Boxes - Subwoofer Box | Subwoofer Enclosures | Car Subwoofer Boxes and Truck Subwoofer Boxes at SuperCrewSound

But im going to get them made by someone on here for better quality than these prefab.

If i go 8s i will prob get two sa-8s, prob throw about 1000 watts total to them and make the boxes ported since I have read they do well in small ported.

Or i can go 2 12s that have a shallow depth and will fit the 5.25 depth or so and go sealed most likely, unless there are 12s that can have that size box and be ported. Have not found 12s that go perfectly yet.

Wanting loud, i know i cant get that loud with this small of boxes plus dakota's are hard to get loud anyways. Which would you guys go??? Sa-8s ported in small enclosure or 12s? and which 12s in a small box? price range, prob about 300 total for the two subs, can go a little over thats fine

i already did fi ssd 10s behind my seats actually. I started with infinity kappa perfect 10s, then kicker cvrs, the last one i did was fi ssd 10s, then i put those in a ported box and removed my seat, then i went to the incriminator audio death row 15, which is now in my bros suv. What about these new stereo intergrity bm mkIII shallow mount 12s. Think these would be a good buy?? Could prob feed two of them 1000 watts total

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.