so im planning on connecting my Q1-4500.1

Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAndBeer

CarAudio.com Elite
just bought a D3400 im waiting for it to get here, it will be replacing the current battery under my hood in my 99 Tahoe. im planning on getting an XP3000 also. my alternator is a stock 140a. will this battery combo be enough, with the stock alt, to power my 4500 and get my 2 havoc 18s moving? im trying to see what kind of power I can get with this stock alt before I get a new one, eventually im gna need one, or two. because I have 2 more havocs and another 4500 sitting here. but I wanna see how it sounds with just 2! how loud will this ***** get on stock alt power

You will probably be drawing over 400A at full tilt, so the stock alt will not keep up.

After the big 3, etc. I would be checking my voltage at the amp to make sure it doesn't dip below ~13.5V. Some volt meters are slow to react, so this isn't always a good indicator that you are dipping too low or drawing too much current.

You will probably be drawing over 400A at full tilt, so the stock alt will not keep up.After the big 3, etc. I would be checking my voltage at the amp to make sure it doesn't dip below ~13.5V. Some volt meters are slow to react, so this isn't always a good indicator that you are dipping too low or drawing too much current.
yeah I have the big 3 but with 0 gauge CCA it works alright but plan to upgrade. I wont be running this amp at full tilt until I have a 270a and 2 xp3000s in the rear

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.