SOS please help. Amps are shutting off

Ok here we go. I got two 10" kickers l7 powered by hifonics Brutus bxi2010d. And on the door panels I got infinity all the way around powered by a kicker dx200.4. I got it hooked up to my stock deck (08 gmc Sierra) with a kicker EQ with 2 gauge. Now the problem when I raise the volume both amps shut off sometimes one or the other and even both. Here something weird I don't know if it has anything do with it. But sometimes when the amps do shut off I got to pop the hood and mess with fuse as if it's popping it like a breaker. It takes moving around and sound comes back on. Can anybody please help??

Also what's the best way to wire this system inorder to rock the **** out of my truck??

I had that problem before. Well i may be able to help on the brutus amp but idk bout the kicker. it may be that the voltage is dropping below the min for the brutus seeing that they are power hungry beasty amps. idk how the kickers are. if they are the same it may be that its trying to pull way to much and causing them to shut down. also the fuse may in fact be geting to hot to opp or may have slight damage to it but not completely blown yet. what size fuse do you have?

so does the under hood fuse blow, or you just jiggle the wires? if it blows, get a bigger fuse (depending on what you have in there). otherwise tighten your shit up or a fire will consume the vehicle.

i agree. it may be that when your subs hit, your battery voltage is dropping too low and causing the amps to shutoff. try measuring the battery voltage as your play some loud music and look at what it's doing.

if it were me.. beacaue of the sub amp you have i would run atleast a 80amp. i mean i only have 1 sundown 2000d and i run a 150amp ANL fuse. and mine tends to get kinda warm but that may only be because i should be running 0gauge power wire and i have 4gauge. what size power wire do you have?

Sounds like a loose connection or voltage drop l7s are power hungry.l have 2 12s on 1200rms running 4 g wire w 100 amp fuse on a stock 120 a alt I get some voltsge drop when it hits but just minimal light dimming ect not cutting out though.

Its probably a combination of voltage drops and a poor connection up front. get a new fuse, sand your terminals on the wire and tighten them down and look up the "Big 3 " and do it.

The size fuse should be based off the amperage drawn from the system that it is protecting. Just throwing in a larger fuse isn’t the correct fix, go too large and you won’t have adequate protection if something does go wrong.

First make sure all your connections are tight. You shouldn't be able to wiggle any electrical wires and cause the sound to cut in or out (amps turning on/off).

Personally, it sounds like your amps are going into protection mode and when you wiggle the wire, you are killing the power for a split second causing the amps to reset and start operating again. Amps go into protection for 3 basic reasons. One, not enough voltage to operate. 2 overdriving them and causing the to clip. 3 heat.

Because you are using the factory deck, how do you have the system hooked up? Are you running the speaker wires into a low level input and then out with RCA cables or are you trying to run the speaker wires from the HU spliced into RCA cables. I know, sounds like a dumb questions but I’ve seen it done many…many times.

Thanks guys I'll take a look at my connections today and make sure they are tight. And change out the fuse to an 80 or 100. And check the connection up front in the 2 gauge power wire. Thanks alot I'll keep u guys posted.

Because you are using the factory deck, how do you have the system hooked up? Are you running the speaker wires into a low level input and then out with RCA cables or are you trying to run the speaker wires from the HU spliced into RCA cables. I know, sounds like a dumb questions but I’ve seen it done many…many times.

I'm not to sure a buddy hooked it up for me. What should be the correct way??

Sounds like a loose connection or voltage drop l7s are power hungry.
i cant count the ways of fail.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.