Speaker and Amp Setup???

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a KenWood kdc - x891 head unit with three sets of preamp outputs (front, rear, sub).

I want to power these 6x9's with a concept cc-1252 amp

Concept Amp Specs:

RMS Power 125W x 2 4 Ohm

Signal-to-noise ratio: 100 dB

Frequency Response: 5Hz - 50kHz

18dB per octave crossover

Input sensitivity: 200mV - 4V

Im already powering my Memphis M3 subs with a Memphis 1000d.

My question is can I power my 3.5 speakers with the head unit as my front speakers and my 5.25 speakers with the head unit as my rear speakers and still use the rear pre amp output from my head unit to the concept amp to power my Polk db691's??? And will the concept amp blow my Polk db691's?

technically it will work

but i wouldnt reccomend it if your mids and highs off the deck will distort and your car wont sound right youll never be able to properly tune your car

change out your 125x2 and add a 4 channel amp or a 6 channel

best set up for you would be to be to go with a component sets for your fronts and rears i dont use 6x9 a lot unless its just a factory replacement you should look into that route

front 5.25 component

rear 6.5 component with plate to adapt from 6x9

sub to subs

use a 4channel amp on your fronts and rears youll have better control and crossover

^^ yes as u can distort any speaker in the world. If he sets his HU to say 30-50 I doubt his HU will send a clipped signal "not full proof" but I am 99% certain. Then match the amps gain to the HU preamps volt set at the volume you will use as your HU's max number and boom sub will play as intended and the door speakers will also do the same. Will the door speakers be drowned out by the bass well yes but it will wrk without a single issue till my man can afford to amp the door speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.