starting problems??

RangerDangerV2
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
st cloud MN
when I turn the key in my truck all of the accessories power up and the batt gauge says that the batts are charged. I also checked them with a boost pack and it said that the batts were charged... but when I try to start my truck it just clicks, doesnt turnover, just a click... I replaced the old ground to body with a new wire and that didnt fix it... so whats the problem??

Same thing happened to my car last week. My issue was a bad starter. There is a way to bypass the ignition switch on most cars by shorting something in the engine bay, but it varies from vehicle to vehicle. You could also remove the starter and take it to a NAPA, and they should be able to test it for you.

just hit it with the hammer like I said literally. If it starts up after that, your starter is going bad. If it does not start, take it off and get it tested at autozone and they can tell you for sure.

That happened to my chevy before...starter..it was actually stuck in the engaged position,nothing a hammer and big chisel couldnt handle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.