Sub in Ford F250 Supercab?

Participant count
  • Participant list

97_jeeper

Tulsa
Alright guys...need some help. I am not really big into the car audio stuff....however, I enjoy a nice sounding system. I have gone with an Eclipse desk, focal speakers and a Kicker 5 channel amp. The problem I am having now is the sub. What the heck should I go with? I don't have any room under the rear. I was considering the JL stealth box that goes in the center console. The **** part is...those things run about $500. Does anyone have any other suggestions? What about making a box for the console? Could that be done, instead of buying the JL box? Thanks for the help and any suggestions!

Brandon

As long as you have the know how and the patience a box could be built to go anywhere. shop for a woofer first though, something that performs well for the music you listen to in the air space you will be able to provide in the center console. Eclipse has some small box woofers, soundstream, kicker solo (power hungry) etc.

if this truck is a supercab why dont you put somthin under the rear seat? if that is not an option i do suggest makin a bow for the center console. it should work

I have a truck that I just built a great sub enclosure for. I did not want a huge sub box like you, just a nice sounding unit. The truck cab (Toyota Tundra) has Captains chairs with a console inbetween. I removed the console and built a box that runs between the two front seats and partially into the back 'extended' part of the cab. THat way it is out of the way all of the time. The bass response is very low and punchy, not boomy or one-noted.

The stock conole is too high to set on top of the sub box so I am going to get a smaller aftermarket one to replace it. Gotta have cup holders!

I used what is commonly referred to as a vented isobaric setup. It gives great bass response, though it costs more since it requires two speakers. However an isobaric system only requires a box 1/2 the normal size, which is what I was going for. Look into that option if you want a small enclosure.

I had a Dodge Ram and built subs that fit underneath the seats. However the boxes had to be smaller than what was required (sealed non-isobaric) and they had a nasty frequency response peak that took some serious crossover and EQ gymnastics to fix. Box size is very important for good sound.

If you want to talk more send me an e-mail at jroberts@satx.rr.com. I am just passing through this news group.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.