Sub wires BURN

That would probably solve a lot of your problems. Those Type Rs will take 1k of clean power no problem in the right enclosure, but playing under tuning or sending them distorted power won't end well
**** this is gonna kill my trunk space the trunk layout has all bumps in . i could only fit a bigger box at the very end of it near my trunk killing all my space

The size of the enclosure isn't a big deal here. First and foremost... The reason your drivers are getting smelly is more than likely because of a clipped signal being sent to them. Adjust your settings and tune your amplifier accordingly. And, what are your enclosure specs currently? You could be playing below tuning and that'll cause heat build-up very quickly. It is possible that either one, or both is the problem.

nah. nothing is wrong with the subs they play normal. just sometimes when playing REAL BASS HEAVY songs i could smell it while playing at like volume 25-30/40
im wondering if its because my box is too small so its suffocating it? im throwing a lot of power in that small box
Have you thought of just turning it down a bit?

Have you thought of just turning it down a bit?
yeah i do but i have the equipment to play everything loud and clear. i have all expensive stuff (for me at least)

i really think its 100 percent the box that mobile enclosures built for me. i told him to make me a box tuned 34 hertz he made it tuned to 40 hertz. i shoulda just gotten some pre fab boxes and called it a day lol. the thing about the accord is that the trunk is really odd shaped and you can build a nice box and push it towards the back of the trunk because the wheel wells stick into the trunk so i need to find another option

i l

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.