Subwoofer losing power?

Gday Guys, first post here.

So basically, i have a 500W amp, 2 channel.

powering 2x 1400w Subwoofers (1 channel each)

but recently i bought a slick set of neons to wire in.

i want the lights to "flash" in time with the subs "doofing"

so currently i added the light/switch into the circuit of one of the subwoofers.

but this causes the subwoofer to lose power, and isnt as powerful as the other sub, which looks crap, and sounds slightly bad.

is there anyway to fix this? like some fancy electronic way?

Need more details, just ask.

James

ok let me get this right you have a 500w amp trying to power 2x 1400rms subs? Well first off your 2300 watts under what you need for the subs and by adding lights on the output your stealing power from the subs.

SB700 eXatek Solutions
Sorry, i dont realy understand the specs and crap.. i just wire it in and go //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
First off yes amp is way to little power even for those subs plus u having the lights on there is stealing their power just get some neons that have the sync to music switch. The subs are dual 4 ohm which means you either have them hooked up at 4 or 1 ohm the amp is only 2 ohm stable so probably at 4ohm. Secondly At 4 ohm your giving the subs 100 watts if they are moving at all then they must be seriously over rated if they are suppose to be 700.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.