Subwoofer Recommendation

Didnt mean to Blow your Thread up OP. My Apologies. Ill keep in on Subject man. XFLs are worth every penny. Cant go wrong with either brand of sub mentioned. Just need that tuned Enclosure built properly to make it all happen and some decent power. Though Space needed and Location is key as well as to port location also. Several factors come into play.
All good brother, I'm enjoying the read. Back when I was in the game Fosgate, CV and Orion were king lol.

I have this sub (HX2 DVC), but it needs a recone. I had a few people tell me it wasn't worth the time that the newer stuff is way better.

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 29
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 30
All good brother, I'm enjoying the read. Back when I was in the game Fosgate, CV and Orion were king lol.

I've got 2-½" coils and have been banging 148.9 @ 31 hz. for over a year. Bigger coil means you better have more power. My 3" voice coil American Bass HD15 was taking 3K all day long and asking for more.

I have this sub (HX2 DVC), but it needs a recone. I had a few people tell me it wasn't worth the time that the newer stuff is way better.
Ya man.. Its prob better to get a newer sub at this point, to save the hassle of not doing the proper Recone work om your own and have a failure rather than purchasing a newer sub with at least a 1 year warranty and do a drop in and run it so to speak. Unless you just have a fixation and really want to recone and keep that sub?? Might try to experiment with that at a later time maybe?But for the $200 max Budget range, you can surely find an enjoyable sub that meets your needs for the time being.

Well guys I was about to pull the trigger on the soundcubed but all the talk about my old hx2 got to me. I talked to Cory Dean and he is going to rebuild it. He said he will upgrade everything to better parts. So the old hx2 will slam again.

Well guys I was about to pull the trigger on the soundcubed but all the talk about my old hx2 got to me. I talked to Cory Dean and he is going to rebuild it. He said he will upgrade everything to better parts. So the old hx2 will slam again.
Thats going to be pretty awesome man. Ill bet she will last a while too. Deff like to hear how it turns out

Well guys I decided against rebuilding the 3110. His rebuild cost was very reasonable at $180 plus shipping. Well I went to ship it out today and UPS wanted $60 and USPS wanted $67. By the time I pay to ship it out and pay to ship it back I will have quite a bit of money tied up in it. I think I would just rather try something newer. I am upping my budget to $250 for a 10". Do you guys still lean toward the soundqubed?

Well guys I decided against rebuilding the 3110. His rebuild cost was very reasonable at $180 plus shipping. Well I went to ship it out today and UPS wanted $60 and USPS wanted $67. By the time I pay to ship it out and pay to ship it back I will have quite a bit of money tied up in it. I think I would just rather try something newer. I am upping my budget to $250 for a 10". Do you guys still lean toward the soundqubed?

fedex is usually the cheapest so I would give them a chance before giving up. This is mostly why I only offer standard rebuilds now locally cause the shipping can get a bit crazy and not many are willing to pay for it.

fedex is usually the cheapest so I would give them a chance before giving up. This is mostly why I only offer standard rebuilds now locally cause the shipping can get a bit crazy and not many are willing to pay for it.
Wish he was closer, I would just take it to him.
I would rather pay extra to rebuild the RF than get the Soundqubed or AB options.
Right on, I would have roughly $320 bucks in it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...