• Thread starter samf03
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
S

samf03

Aight i have a problem. Whenever i am driving my car a while my sub quits, but the werid thing is that it will kick on and off when i am almost to a stop. When my car is off and I turn my key to accessorie the sub will stay on forever. When it first started happening i checked to see if my amp was on and it was. After that i checked all of my wiring and it was all fine. I know alot about caraudio but I just have no idea what could be causing this and i don't want to pay alot of money for someone at a buisness to look at it. Can anyone help me? This is my system if it helps:

Pioneer DEH2300 C.D. player

California Profile 600SX 2 Channel amp (sub amp)

Kenwood 250 x2 amp (for highs)

Kicker Comp VR DVC 15in. sub.

Same thing happend to a friend oh mine the wire inside of the sub going to the voice coil broke, he sent to it kicker and they sent him a new one. Not sure if this is what wrong?

i would try switching the amp. Try using your kenwood for a little while and see if you still have the problem. It might be something in the amp.

I think it is the amp because I think:confused: that these amps over heat quickly and when they do the amp automatically shuts itself off.

just as a temporary trial, run a jumper wire from the main power on your amp to the switched (be sure to disconnect current wire). Then drive around with it on as you have and see if it cuts out the same as it did. Don't forget to disconnect the jumper if you leave the car......I am sure you know.........Anyway if that isn't it it could be a cold solder joint in the amp, but it is weird that you can play it in accessory and have no prob . that is what leads me to believe that it may be a remote problem. Try taking a meter to your remote wire to see if it still has voltage when it cuts out

well see the thing is that the power light is on even when the sub isn't working so i figured it couldn't be the remote source. I think it has to be some component in my amp is shorting out when it is on for a while. If i sent it back to Profile do you think they would fix it for free? , because i know that it wasn't my fault because all of the dials have only been half turned up and i haven't touched them. I have no idea why it works all the time when my key is turned to accesorie?????

likely a lead inside the amplifier. How long have you had the amp? Profile usually provides a decent 3 year warranty on most of thier amps, so if you have it filled out or the amp is fairly new- best to send it in for a bench test.

Take it easy,

-zane

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.