Subwoofers

• Thread starter <reaa>
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
a free air sub can not be put in a box and must be mounted so that when you look at the front, you wont be able to see or hear the rear.

i suggest that you put it face down on a large piece of timber or even a concrete slab, and then cover it with an acoustic deadening material like coarse gravel or river stones.

and then drive over it with a kenworth, or a mack at the very least.

sorry, i jest.

free air subs save you lots of space, and they are easy to fit..put a board across the boot behind the back seat and cut a sub size hole in it, and screw the sub on, but they sound really mushy and shitty, and they do not go well in a box.

if you havent bought it yet, dont.

if you have, play around with it and then sell it.

Yes you will need to make a baffle. Free Air subs are kinda missleading in the name free air as they actually are using your trunk as the box so really they are not free air. Often these require more power to acheive output near a regular sub. If you can avoid the free air sub do so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.