Suicide doors (and door poppers)!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kenny Pollock
10+ year member

drag it!
I'm addicting to dishing out money on my car...heh.

Everyone who has seen my car in person or has been in the car has said it reminds them of a limosine. I guess because it's got a luxurious style to it.

I was wondering if anyone has ever installed suicide doors to their car? When I think limosine I think suicide doors, although I don't ever remember seeing a limo with suicide doors, heh.

I see the suicide door kits online, but need to know a few things... What about the door handle placement? Do I have to move it to the other side for the suicide doors to be efficient? Does anyone know about how much a body shop will charge to install the suicide door kit? Anyone in South Florida know a place that will do it?

I'm going to be installing a Viper 791XV soon... can a door popper work with the pager that is included with the alarm?

Thanks!

id like to see suicide doors on alot of cars - espically since if they are designed\engineered that way - its alot eaiser to fit things into the cab.

as far as a shop - thats a tough question. suiciding basically takes the hinges and the lock mechinism and swaping them around... i would assume putting the handle on the opposite side as well would be a worthwhile investment if you suicide the doors - because opening from the other side would be awkward. as far as door poppers, they are just actuators that fit in the door jamb and push the door open and unlock the doors at the same time.

as a cost? its gonna be expensive. its not easy to align a door (and ive taken mine off several times) - so i would imagine creating brackets to put a door on from scratch is pretty **** hard.

but i can guarantee it will be expensive. your best bet is to look through your local shops, go and talk to the installers, employees, and customers (if possible) and ask to see some of their work. decide on the best shop for you - and supervise as much as you can.

Thanks req for the reply //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My dad could probably do this... I just had the car painted and feel like an idiot for wanting to do this after it was painted. They sell kits online with instructions, just seems to be a difficult task.

I assume you're looking at AutoLoc kits online? They have some nice ones out there. Remote door poppers with an 8 channel remote is handy too.

On my 66 chev, i'm in the process of installing the poppers (not suicide tho) and some power windows. Also am wiring the power windows to the remote for the doors! If I can get it to work it'll be kick ass

I assume you're looking at AutoLoc kits online? They have some nice ones out there. Remote door poppers with an 8 channel remote is handy too_On my 66 chev, i'm in the process of installing the poppers (not suicide tho) and some power windows. Also am wiring the power windows to the remote for the doors! If I can get it to work it'll be kick ass
Nice, and yeah, I'm looking at the AutoLoc kits.

It's definitely a job better suited to a professional.

You will need two people, possibly three, to find the correct placement of the hinges.

Always measure 204720457 times, and cut once.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.