SundownE10 D4 v.4

Participant count
  • Participant list
Screenshot_20230730-174056_Brave.jpg

Sundown doesn't have sealed specs on the series...you probably won't get much output with it sealed...

Agreed. Sundown, Rockford, JL, Focal, most reputable brands list the recomendations on what is best. The ones that tell you all their woofers work in both. often just want to sell you something, anythhing! I'll run the numbers in Bass Box Pro and get back to you.

Agreed. Sundown, Rockford, JL, Focal, most reputable brands list the recomendations on what is best. The ones that tell you all their woofers work in both. often just want to sell you something, anythhing! I'll run the numbers in Bass Box Pro and get back to you.
Alright Thank for the information and helping me out

Alright Thank for the information and helping me out
So, the EBP for this driver is 62 and the Qts is 0.47 which means it falls somewhere in the middle. I’ve run stuffed and no stuffed damping configurations at .85 cubic ft. gross (Vb of .725) and it looks pretty poor. The response is pretty flat all the way to about 300Hz, but that’s the good part. The F3 point is right at 59Hz and a lot of 6.5” woofers will do that (not as loud but as low). Unstuffed, it goes down to 52Hz, a respectable drop but still kind of high for a 10”sub. The .5 stuffed jumps back up to around 58Hz and unstuffed jumps to 54Hz. At 500 watts you almost exceed cone displacement at a little above 30Hz. At 600 watts, you’d most likely be looking for a new sub soon. I went ahead and ran the box you have, .85 no damping, vented tune to an F3 of 36Hz, not bad response all across but you would have go with a 3” diameter round port that is 20” long. 3.5”, 28” long or a 4” port, 37” long. None of those are likely to fit in the box you have and the shortest is going to have unwanted vent noise due to the small’sh 3” diameter and relatively long length. If you are stuck with that box, there is a guy on eBay, a reputable dealer outside eBay (Sound Connection Inc), that is selling a really nice Focal Performance P 25 F 10" subwoofer that works very well in the box you have. I know he’ll sell it for $189 if you offer it. They sell all day long on Crutchfield for $380.00. You would need to port the box you have with the following port. 3-5/32" diameter (8cm) x 13-23/32" long (35cm) which will give you an impressive F3 of 33hz. If you need assistance with makeing a port with an elbow in it, I can help with that too. Later on down the line, you coulsd always get a bigger box, with say, 1.24 ft³ volume and with this woofer you can tune it as low as 27Hz. This is a very impressive woofer, outstanding sound, I’m running two of the 13” versions in my Mazda 3 and you can feel them in your chest at a couple hundred watts! The only knock is that it is a 4ohm woofer. But hey, if you buy another later, you could wire them in parallel and you'd be at 2ohms. I'm not sure what amp you're using but at the end of the day, 300 watts (600 peak) to this driver and you will definatley impress yourself and your friends, it is that good of a sub! Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1662279441...d=link&campid=5335951755&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

Snag it or I will! ;)

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Bummpinbass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Bummpinbass
Virginia
Start date
Participants
Who Replied