System Skipping

Participant count
  • Participant list

audiofool

I own and self-installed a Jensen audio system in my truck several months ago, and I've been having problems with it either skipping on or not even playing tracks 5 - 7 of every cd I play. When it does this, sometimes it just tottally locks up and I can't change tracks untill it decides to play. Is there something I can do to fixit or is it just something to send back to jensen or trash ?

well, I will be nice abouth this, jensen is not a verygood brand, and this sounds typical of their units. Warranty (if that is still good) is what I would suggest. If you decide to trash it though, I would recommend a pioneer cd player. In my experience they have been the best for the buck. I personally have never owned one, but when you are in the business for a while you see just about everything. You could get one for about 169.00 in some cases/sales

It sounds like there is an internal problem with the laser lens being off alignment. Nothing that you can do but bring it in for repair, which will probobly cost more than the deck is worth. The reason that it is locking up is because the laser cannot find the signal when the laser lens advances towards that area of any CD.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.