Targa amp? What do I have here...

Don't need it, no. Just figured I have it, why not try and use it? The only thing is, if you look at the pics in the OP you can see it has low input, with the RCA's, and the high input, which is that plug... how would I set it up?
Hi input is so you can directly wire the signal to the amp. If you have another set of RCA outs on your deck you wont need it.

Hi input is so you can directly wire the signal to the amp. If you have another set of RCA outs on your deck you wont need it.
Alright, then it may need to wait until I can pick up a new H/U... the one I am using now(cheap sony) only has the sub output rca outs...

Alright, then it may need to wait until I can pick up a new H/U... the one I am using now(cheap sony) only has the sub output rca outs...
You can use it with your deck, you can just wire the speaker leads into the amp. That is the purpose of the Hi input.

RCAs are technically called low-level inputs.

Speaker-level is high-level inputs.

That's why it's high or low inputs. You simply choose which one fits your particular needs. So you could hook this up (assuming you have the proper molex) to a factory system in many cars without a LOC (line-output converter, i.e., high-level to low-level converter).

It's not much, but it may run your speakers. Just don't expect a whole lot out of it.

it will more than likely out-do your stock HU, as a matter of fact, im sure of it.

other than that, like everyone else said, nothing i would pay for...

it will more than likely out-do your stock HU, as a matter of fact, im sure of it.
other than that, like everyone else said, nothing i would pay for...
That's why I am glad I got it for free. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You my friend have a re badged Pyramid amp.
wrong

Open it up, if it has a PB number on the board it is Pyramid fo sho.
no

Yes, Targa is the same as Pyramid
negative

It is a pyramid .
nope

Targa is from Sherwood.

Sherwood was doing some good things in that era. IIRC they were the first to use internal fans.

As you've probably figured out Targa's not great, but they'll definitely get the job done. I acutally had one similar, probably a year or two newer, about the same power. I liked it. It worked great for a couple years then for no reason at all it just died one day on my way to work.

Judging by the model number and fuse size I'm guessing it's a 60x4. Should give you around 150x2 to run a nice set of fronts.

I hope it lasts a while for you.

It's opened, can't find the number you speak of... here are a few pics of the internals.
008.jpg

009.jpg

That is a earlier model by the looks of the board. A little better than the Pyramid shared boards but still nothing to get excited about.

It would work. Not to sure on the "cleanliness" of the power but it may be ok. I wouldn't put that thing on higher end speakers for sure. PAWN IT!! lol
Not higher end at all... was going for budget when I put my stereo together... just a set of 5 1/4" Blaupunkt GTc-542's. Not even sure how much power they would take... we shall see.

It would work. Not to sure on the "cleanliness" of the power but it may be ok. I wouldn't put that thing on higher end speakers for sure. PAWN IT!! lol
Haha... not sure if I would get much for pawning it... although on the cover there is writing that says "$75".... I got a **** good chuckle out of that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...