Tell me about DynAudio

I saw someone dissing DLS and Audison, I though they would be good enough, especially the Audison, apparently not.
Who was doing this?

I see nothing wrong with either of those brands //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Who was doing this?
I see nothing wrong with either of those brands //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
The guy in post #2. I've never seen negative feedback on these brands earlier either.

I know Macrom quite well, covered them for the states for a bit, but they never really took off, wish they would have though.
Not meaning to hijack the thread but I used to run a Macrom front end years ago when I competed in IASCA.

Great sound, clear, neutral and a detailed sound. They picked up everything on the recording. MB Quart were brighter but I wished I kept the macrom.

Now....back to the thread.

The guy in post #2. I've never seen negative feedback on these brands earlier either.
I think you may have taken it out of context. The intent was't harmful, but more descriptive and frankly I agree. He wasnt discrediting either, but rather steering the directions away from amps that will not perform as well when mated with the Dyns.

I personally ran a treo of VRxs to my former Dyn rig and it just wasnt to my liking. Nothing wrong with the amps, just didnt make a blissful union together.

I think you may have taken it out of context. The intent was't harmful, but more descriptive and frankly I agree. He wasnt discrediting either, but rather steering the directions away from amps that will not perform as well when mated with the Dyns.
I personally ran a treo of VRxs to my former Dyn rig and it just wasnt to my liking. Nothing wrong with the amps, just didnt make a blissful union together.
Well it might have been me, misunderstanding the intent by that post. Anyone have a positive mating between Dyn 242 and an amp to report? I'm about to listen to a Dyn 242 install the week after new year.

How much per side do you reckon will be necessary to feed them sufficiently with power? I don't trust following factory specs blindly.

Any experience whatsoever would be welcome for this set.

Anyone have a positive mating between Dyn 242 and an amp to report? I'm about to listen to a Dyn 242 install the week after new year.
I can see this type of thing happening maybe 10 years and 100 combos later, but until then matching amp sound to speaker type is lunacy. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif The odds that anyone will be able to take such a recommendation and actually repeat it (outside the perception of the listener) is not very good.

The best thing about a car audio forum is that we can all share our experiences and learn; the worst thing is that we take things too literally and get bad ideas in our heads which tends to ruin our own pure, natural experiences. If someone tries to tell you how something should sound, you should absolutely take that with a grain of salt (and when I say 'take it with a grain of salt' I mean ignore them :p )

As far as amps ,I have had good luck for the past 20 years with Zapco. I have never run Dyn and Zapco together. I have played with RF and Kicker. I liked the(04) RF better then the(06) Kicker. The next amp I want to try is the big 4ch Zuki. You can never go wrong with too much clean head room.

Hey my dealer carries dynaudio but he is not listed on the dealers website so whats up with that? e sell alot of high end brands and has been around for a long time so is his stuff suppose to be fake also?

Hey my dealer carries dynaudio but he is not listed on the dealers website so whats up with that? e sell alot of high end brands and has been around for a long time so is his stuff suppose to be fake also?
Not sure where your coming up with the jump to assumptions. Who is your local dealer?

Not sure where your coming up with the jump to assumptions. Who is your local dealer?
Its in austin tx but there is only one listed dealer on there site for austin and its not his store. The audio I go to is sidewaysautosalon I been going there for 2 yrs now no problems always very helpful great customer service and always giving good deals to me. and has warranty anything I ever needed when I broke it. I blew some jbl gti's and he replaced them no questions asked. My question is why is he not listed on there site is he sell it also. I have seen similar things like on zapco's website where there not on the dealers page but they do carry it as well. Is this common? I also saw you or don not sure who on another thread helping some other guy install his esotars2 would you be able to help me as well I am in tx.

Its in austin tx but there is only one listed dealer on there site for austin and its not his store. The audio I go to is sidewaysautosalon I been going there for 2 yrs now no problems always very helpful great customer service and always giving good deals to me. and has warranty anything I ever needed when I broke it. I blew some jbl gti's and he replaced them no questions asked. My question is why is he not listed on there site is he sell it also. I have seen similar things like on zapco's website where there not on the dealers page but they do carry it as well. Is this common? I also saw you or don not sure who on another thread helping some other guy install his esotars2 would you be able to help me as well I am in tx.
He is certainly a legit dealer, but still a bit new and the site hasnt been updated yet to show him.

Sure, not a problem at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.