10+ year member

Team JL Audio
Oklahoma
Article on Ceoutlook and Me-Mag

Mobile Electronics Magazine

http://ceoutlook.com/state-seeks-to-...urn-car-audio/

Link to the bill

http://www.me-mag.com/Upload/HB1178_.pdf

In a nutshell the State of Hawaii is voting on a bill that will ban owning an aftermark installed stereo. The bill would limit any thing installed that is not OEM factory installed to 4 6.5 speakers and no more then an amp making 100w of power. It would allow for anyone owning anything other than stated to be fined up to $250. If the bill passes and you already have an aftermarket system installed that would exceed the new limit is not grandfathered, they would be in violation of the new law.

If this passes I would think it would open up the possibility for this to pass in other states. Leading to the end of car audio as we know it.

unconstitutional //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

HITLER.gif

The government can't even keep millions of illegal immigrants out of the country, but now they think they can stop someone from owning a car stereo?

Government = sux azz

Article on Ceoutlook and Me-Mag
Mobile Electronics Magazine

http://ceoutlook.com/state-seeks-to-...urn-car-audio/

Link to the bill

http://www.me-mag.com/Upload/HB1178_.pdf

In a nutshell the State of Hawaii is voting on a bill that will ban owning an aftermark installed stereo. The bill would limit any thing installed that is not OEM factory installed to 4 6.5 speakers and no more then an amp making 100w of power. It would allow for anyone owning anything other than stated to be fined up to $250. If the bill passes and you already have an aftermarket system installed that would exceed the new limit is not grandfathered, they would be in violation of the new law.

If this passes I would think it would open up the possibility for this to pass in other states. Leading to the end of car audio as we know it.
This is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of.

i remember hearing that police also drive regular (non-uniformed) cars in HI??

dunno if its true, but if it is, why would anybody live there?

ca>paradise

unconstitutional-Hell yes. Regulating the free enterprise system. I would not be suprised if this passed either.

This is my other thought, who does this benefit. I can only think of a handful of large companies. OEM audio manufactures and Car manufactures would appear to benifit the most.IMO

However if you read the bill it does not apply to any OEM systems or equipment. Is it possible that someone besides just a group of people got the bill pushed forward?

Most bills require some help to get to the floor to get voted on, implying outside influence possibly.

If I am OEM this is great. I can now force my factory installed audio upgrade option. I would think it would help to sale the factory upgrades.

I am very disappointing to see this open for discussion in Hawaii -- we sell a fair amount of product to Hawaii and there is an active competition scene. All of these guys would be left with alot of of "illegal" equipment and it would hurt the car audio industry as a whole.

IMO if it passes I don't think it will last... I can't see a real judge upholding the legality.

unconstitutional-Hell yes. Regulating the free enterprise system. I would not be suprised if this passed either.
This is my other thought, who does this benefit. I can only think of a handful of large companies. OEM audio manufactures and Car manufactures would appear to benifit the most.IMO

However if you read the bill it does not apply to any OEM systems or equipment. Is it possible that someone besides just a group of people got the bill pushed forward?

Most bills require some help to get to the floor to get voted on, implying outside influence possibly.

If I am OEM this is great. I can now force my factory installed audio upgrade option. I would think it would help to sale the factory upgrades.
I think its just angry old people

wouldnt surprise me if it passed.
If this passes they need to ban cars with over X amount of horsepower also, since I'm pretty sure a fast car is more dangerous to society than a little speaker in your door. Also need to ban larger speakers in your home theater than what comes standard in your tv also, since that can disturb your neighbors more than car audio can in some cases.

people make a living off of this stuff. im sure they will realize how many jobs will be lost and how many businesses will be going under. its just stupid to think that they would entertain such a thing, its like some audio witch hunt. i doubt this will be passed in many states if any but im sure they will find a way to limit it just enough to make themselves happy. and screw the people over that they are supposed to be working for.

If this passes they need to ban cars with over X amount of horsepower also, since I'm pretty sure a fast car is more dangerous to society than a little speaker in your door. Also need to ban larger speakers in your home theater than what comes standard in your tv also, since that can disturb your neighbors more than car audio can in some cases.
yeah at least you can drive away with your music up loud but in your house its stuck there. they would also have to ban construction, powertools and sporting events.

they should also ban old people. i hate those motherfuckers.
THIS^

This is the stupidest thing ive ever heard of.
THIS^

I dont think this ban will hold up due to shops im sure the have on Hawaii , cant just show up shutting places down like that. But we do live in Nazi America

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.