The basic 3 and HO Alternator

Ya you probably don't need a H/O alt for only 1200w, what size is the stock alt?

Big 3 use 1/0, no point in using smaller cables when it's so cheap as it is, make sure to fuse it / etc

I think those car have 120s but I'm not sure
If thats the case that should be plenty for 1200rms

Start with big 3, if you still have a voltage drop, get 2nd battery, should be good after that, can get deka's from bad4health for ~120 i think, could be closer to 140

I used Cadence 0gauge for my Big3 you can get 7.5feet which should be all you need off evilbay for like 15$ shipped, decent quality wire too. I have a 2.2L Ecotech in my 04 Cavalier which I think is maybe the same engine as the Cobalt? Just guessing. If thats the case you'll have at least a 105 amp alternator. I'm running more than twice the power you have right now off all stock, I have dimming issues and I'm probally starving the amps a little bit, but I am not experiencing any major issues. New Battery on the way and I'll get a HO alt later, but I'd say for what you're running you should be just fine with no dimming even off stock with a Big3 upgrade to your wiring like these guys are saying. Oh also you might have to go from under the car to get to the + charge bolt on the alternator (it was a huge pain for me) but the - runs were simple.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.