the smell of burnt voice coils

Ok. I pulled that sub and put the 2 in the original bassworx reference box. Its RP212R, 3 cf and tunes at 34 hz. This box seems super small for these subs to me. They are wired back to series/parellel at 2 ohms. Using my PG sx1200.1 amp. It's a total pain in the *** to tune and it's hard to find a music player because I don't have a CD player I just have a media player and I play all my music through Bluetooth through a music player app. Maiden Audio is actually the best one I found so far, its got the clearest sound. So I'm going to do some research and try to build a dual ported box for both my sa12s. It's in the quad cab of my quad cab truck there is no seat there's just a platform so I have unlimited space so any ideas would be awesome cuz I want to start cutting tonight

have you even ran the numbers? ITS HORRIBLE. Its well built for sure but the design is causing the sub to self implode. Its literally a burp box

definitely not in this case. Any sub can and will die trying to play music in a burp box.
Did not check the numbers, I meant it looked well built anyway. Give him the correct dimensions and he should do well.

Bear in mind he is not hitting mechanical but thermal limits, nobody has yet to explain how tuning too high makes a sub overheat.

Did not check the numbers, I meant it looked well built anyway. Give him the correct dimensions and he should do well.
Bear in mind he is not hitting mechanical but thermal limits, nobody has yet to explain how tuning too high makes a sub overheat.
No idea but just every burp box setup i've heard smelled instantly when they tried playing music even on lower to medium volumes. Including my own when i had adjustable ports.

So I put both those sa12s back in That Bassworx box. I'm using my Phoenix Gold amp and running them at 2 ohms and for the life of me I could not get it to tune to sound okay the base just sounded just horrible like Poppy and snappy before I even touched any of the games or filters but after I played it for awhile it kind of like War itself into the amp or something and it started sounding great but that's besides the point. So the smell is gone by the way to. So you guys probably know that I have a Dodge Dakota quad cab and I took out all the rear seats and built a platform so I have plenty of room back there and I'm trying to design this box and I couldn't figure out which way I wanted my subs and my port to face a lot of people said Sundown Audio Subs sound best firing up ported back. I've always had mine firing forward ported to the side. I heard a lot of people say that they sound really good firing backwards also with only 3 inches of space. So I could either close my eyes and start building a box or I could keep asking you guys dumb questions and hope to learn so I hope you guys aren't getting sick of my noobness and me asking for help but I really appreciate all your guyses time and information I take notes on all of it and I'm really trying to learn this I just want you guys to know I really appreciate it so thanks. Post script. I did not proofread this

So I put both those sa12s back in That Bassworx box. I'm using my Phoenix Gold amp and running them at 2 ohms and for the life of me I could not get it to tune to sound okay the base just sounded just horrible like Poppy and snappy before I even touched any of the games or filters but after I played it for awhile it kind of like War itself into the amp or something and it started sounding great but that's besides the point. So the smell is gone by the way to. So you guys probably know that I have a Dodge Dakota quad cab and I took out all the rear seats and built a platform so I have plenty of room back there and I'm trying to design this box and I couldn't figure out which way I wanted my subs and my port to face a lot of people said Sundown Audio Subs sound best firing up ported back. I've always had mine firing forward ported to the side. I heard a lot of people say that they sound really good firing backwards also with only 3 inches of space. So I could either close my eyes and start building a box or I could keep asking you guys dumb questions and hope to learn so I hope you guys aren't getting sick of my noobness and me asking for help but I really appreciate all your guyses time and information I take notes on all of it and I'm really trying to learn this I just want you guys to know I really appreciate it so thanks. Post script. I did not proofread this
take your box right now and play with all the positions possible. It shouldnt take you more than 5 minutes to figure out whats the best positioning for the loudest best sounding bass.

that box checks out at 3 cf so each sub has about same airspace as box u made just different port, your problem maybe port on side don't work in your truck or what ever.. try them subs firing up.. u could try the other amp..

I'd stay away from a prefab at all costs... You're obviously not scared of doin' the work... You are wanting dimensions for 2 12's and some pretty good ones are on this link... *OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum ... follow the specs for a dual 12 and with these you'll be happy. That was good advice... I'd take it!..
Once again... *OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum ... I'd try the 4.6 ft3 box at 34 hz port/subs up in that truck... I'ts probably not perfect but a lot better than the boxes you are using... You will see a HUGE difference... especially once you get a 1 ohm stable 1000+ watt amp.

that box checks out at 3 cf so each sub has about same airspace as box u made just different port, your problem maybe port on side don't work in your truck or what ever.. try them subs firing up.. u could try the other amp..
side port usually works best in trucks just the bassworx box is strangling the subs. Honestly he just needs to fork over some money and have someone who knows what they are doing design him a box. Takes a bit of pride to swallow but its needed. He can start learning how to reverse engineer good boxes afterwards.

side port usually works best in trucks just the bassworx box is strangling the subs. Honestly he just needs to fork over some money and have someone who knows what they are doing design him a box. Takes a bit of pride to swallow but its needed. He can start learning how to reverse engineer good boxes afterwards.
kind of a shame i just looked at that site and the boxes could be great if they were a tad bigger., they 1" front baffle and have bracing inside.,dual sealed one on ebay now may not be bad if sells for $50-$60 shipped from canada

kind of a shame i just looked at that site and the boxes could be great if they were a tad bigger., they 1" front baffle and have bracing inside.,dual sealed one on ebay now may not be bad if sells for $50-$60 shipped from canada
dude he can build his own box. why the hell would he buy a premade one EVER again. All he needs is a proper design and blueprint and then just build it, viola loud and good sounding.

dude he can build his own box. why the hell would he buy a premade one EVER again. All he needs is a proper design and blueprint and then just build it, viola loud and good sounding.
he already has that box., i'm saying if they had made it better it would work for him.. idk y companies can't make port a little bigger and add .5-1 cf more airspace they'd sell more..

have you even ran the numbers? ITS HORRIBLE. Its well built for sure but the design is causing the sub to self implode. Its literally a burp box

definitely not in this case. Any sub can and will die trying to play music in a burp box.
he already has that box., i'm saying if they had made it better it would work for him.. idk y companies can't make port a little bigger and add .5-1 cf more airspace they'd sell more..
Trust and believe the industry knows what sells. The vast majority of people still want to brag about how much cone area they have and whatever huge power number is printed on their product. Same reason so many companies suggest too small boxes for their subs, people get it in their head that they need 2 15s and most will buy the ones that suggest 2 cube and a prefab box that fits the trunk of their Civic long before we could talk them into a single 15 in the same 4 cubes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.