Think I am getting a new ride

Then answer this and I will say you are right till then.......

1988 mustang coupe vs 1988 mustang hatch

the hatch is a few hundred pounds heaver then the coupe but is there time difference in the 1/4 almost a second NO. A few 10ths at most.

The difference in weight between the 2 is 302 pounds

Numbers dont lie
Driver, aerodynamics most likely. Also have a link to that?

Then answer this and I will say you are right till then.......

1988 mustang coupe vs 1988 mustang hatch

the hatch is a few hundred pounds heaver then the coupe but is there time difference in the 1/4 almost a second NO. A few 10ths at most.

The difference in weight between the 2 is 302 pounds

Numbers dont lie
Sadly those cars have different traction and aerodynamic characteristics.

Thank-you;)
here is how he can test it, Take your car and run it without the equipment 3 times. Then put the audio gear in and run it 3 more times. Compare your times and show us you lost only a 1/2 second. Also the size and weight of the car will help determine how much is taken off. A crx is light so adding 300 pounds would be like adding 600 pounds in a car twice as heavy.

i had a b18 in my civic, the **** engine mounts were about as expensive as the engine! my buddy put a ZC engine in his CRX for less then $1,000 it was pretty nice had an insane rev limit.

here is how he can test it, Take your car and run it without the equipment 3 times. Then put the audio gear in and run it 3 more times. Compare your times and show us you lost only a 1/2 second. Also the size and weight of the car will help determine how much is taken off. A crx is light so adding 300 pounds would be like adding 600 pounds in a car twice as heavy.
No it would not.

Weight to hp ratio is all that would change does not matter because the car was light before hand.

Thats true as well. Unfortuantly I dont have that car anymore, so I cant test it. I have pics on here with the wall and everthing in it. Thing is it was never that fast, I mean low 15's on just 2.0 with intake and exhasut is pretty good, but I ruined it when I put in the wall.

i had a b18 in my civic, the **** engine mounts were about as expensive as the engine! my buddy put a ZC engine in his CRX for less then $1,000 it was pretty nice had an insane rev limit.
Where did you get them?

Crazy full swap to mount the thing

mounts, wireing, computer, axles ect... is going to be alittle over 1000 dollars.

No it would not.
Weight to hp ratio is all that would change does not matter because the car was light before hand.
So your saying that the weight shifting from the front to the back lifting the front of your very light automobile is not going to change your aerodynamics thus hurting your 1/4 mile more than 1/2 a second.

So your saying that the weight shifting from the front to the back lifting the front of your very light automobile is not going to change your aerodynamics thus hurting your 1/4 mile more than 1/2 a second.

Suspension upgrades

what he is saying is 100% right 100lbs is equal to 1/10 of a second down the 1/4 mile. the reason im sure you saw such a drop in performance was most likely due to the strains from the electrical aspect. also in some instances it can actually help the speed because it will distribute the cars weight better. getting better traction to all the wheels rather then just the front.

what he is saying is 100% right 100lbs is equal to 1/10 of a second down the 1/4 mile. the reason im sure you saw such a drop in performance was most likely due to the strains from the electrical aspect. also in some instances it can actually help the speed because it will distribute the cars weight better. getting better traction to all the wheels rather then just the front.

Thank you.

yeah b/c jesse was curising through his 1/4 mile runs blasting his wall of 15"s right?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

LoL

The 100 pounds is = to 1/10

Listen I have been drag racing for about 12 years and have seen alot of stuff.

So when someone tells me that you loose a second on your time cause you have added 300pounds to your car is just Nothing but BS.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.