This is driving me crazy Please Help!!

Stop troubleshooting, read what i said..it will fix the problem.

if the gains were set correctly originally then right now they are waaaaay too low for the RCA outputs of the head unit.

up the gain some.

ICAM0005-2.jpg

Like i said before the gain is all the way up. My neighbors who owns his own audio business came over today. Turns out everytime i am plugging a new headunit into my car it is frying the rca's instantly. Makes no sense.

Your gains should NOT be set all the way up. They should be in the 40%~60% range. All the way up you're clipping your signal bad.

You're probably used to loud, clipped bass, instead of quality notes.

Problem solved. I just went and got all new equipment works great sounds awesome. I think it was just something to do with my crappy setup trying to compete with my premium sound system, it just wasn't getting enough juice. Thanks for all the input though.

Your gains should NOT be set all the way up. They should be in the 40%~60% range. All the way up you're clipping your signal bad.
You're probably used to loud, clipped bass, instead of quality notes.
That statement is wrong.

Depending upon how much voltage the amp is receiving off of the rca's the gain could easily need to be 100%, or in some cases not even turned up 1%.

Simply saying 40~60% range is horrible advice and could easily cause subs to be blown.

Always set the gain with a multimeter, PERIOD!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.