SOLD tons of amps

sickmint79
10+ year member

IL
i gotta sell this stuff guys i am looking for a house. mostly jl rf kicker but some other brands available (zapco and some other stuff) also have adcom (fairly high end) home audio. let me know what you're trying to power and i'll let you know what amps i have that would be perfect - i have a ton so it's likely i'll have something for you. no bs no marketing no scams. let me know what you're trying to power (# speakers, rms wattage, # voice coils, # ohms per coil) and i'll let you know what i have.

well i was giving them about 350 rms for both and they hit really good. (thats a 2ohm load mono on the sony but it heats up too much.) and when i give them 175 they dont "hit". i wanted the amp to be able to upgrade and maybe take on a single High end 10 or 12. so thats why i was looking for the 500RMS...... so i have the subs wired to 4ohms and if i bridge a amp wont that make a 2 ohm load? if so then wont that kx600.1 be perfect? 600X1 @2 ohms?

those things should not be able to take that much if you were really giving them it, and sound crunky if they were - i would put money on the sony not dumping out that much power. like i said if you are close i'll let you audition some amps - amps whose ratings i trust much more than sony. the jl 500/1 is a great amp, very versatile because it dumps out 500 watts no matter what - low input voltage high input voltage, 1 ohm - 4 ohms and everything inbetween. very good quality and clean signal as well.

if you have 2 8 ohms single voice coil speakers there is no way you can wire them down to 2 ohms. bridged your only options are serial (16 ohms) or parallel (4 ohms). i double checked info on the kicker kx600.1 - yep 600@2. 300@4. birth sheet probably higher but i don't have it, so i'd expect it to give 150 watts (at least) to your speakers when pretty much maxing it out. the jl 500/1 would actually be better because it could push that power more comfortably, i always try to use a more powerful amp than the subs for that reason.

For another member who is a n00b and needs an amp:

2 shivas, DVC 8 ohm 375 RMS 650 Peak.

2 ohms final load wired in parallel

something that can handle 2 ohms mono.

400 W RMS a woofer would me nice

Under $150 not shipped

well i have them wired to 4 ohms and them have the 2channel bridged so that makes a 2ohm load. the sony is putting out 450W peak but it heats up in about 20 minutes. so i have to turn the gain down and when i do i have to turn up the bassboost and the bassboost on my HU to be able to hear the bass. (i hate bassboost BTW)

so anyways i would like a 500W RMS amp stable at 2 ohms or 1ohm and 250 RMS @4ohms. sorry about all the back and forth just trying to figure this crap out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

which ones match this criteria? if it is close to what i can spend then i will make a trip down to check it out.

oh and it was 350 RMS for both not 700RMS all together..... so 175W per speaker.

also do you have aim or MSN or YIM? seems it would help both of us //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

TheMainJam @ AIM

all_star09 @ YIM

joshuaminz@hotmail.com

For another member who is a n00b and needs an amp:2 shivas, DVC 8 ohm 375 RMS 650 Peak.

2 ohms final load wired in parallel

something that can handle 2 ohms mono.

400 W RMS a woofer would me nice

Under $150 not shipped
ok, so 375x2 @ 4 ohms or 750 x 1 @ 2 ohms. hmm of current stuff i've got -

2 jl 500/1

fosgate 1000bd (1 would do it although i really don't want to break them up, i have a pair with link and bdsync cable)

hmm and that's it. i usually actually have more amps but have been out of the country for 3 weeks and slowing down my trading since i'm looking for a new house, selling/buying a car, and switching projects/locations at work - in a few months when this stuff is settled i may have some more options! the only one that is really great for you is probably the 1000bd but i'd like to keep those guys together as a pair. also these amps are more than 150 though - you are not going to find a real amp this powerful for $150, amps in that range simply do not put out that kind of power.

well i have them wired to 4 ohms and them have the 2channel bridged so that makes a 2ohm load. the sony is putting out 450W peak but it heats up in about 20 minutes. so i have to turn the gain down and when i do i have to turn up the bassboost and the bassboost on my HU to be able to hear the bass. (i hate bassboost BTW)
so anyways i would like a 500W RMS amp stable at 2 ohms or 1ohm and 250 RMS @4ohms. sorry about all the back and forth just trying to figure this crap out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

which ones match this criteria? if it is close to what i can spend then i will make a trip down to check it out.
i am on aim at sickmint79 but usually pretty busy - esp during business day 8-6/7pm. jl 500/1 does all the things you ask - 500 watts at 1 ohm 2 ohm 4 ohm. you will notice a difference from the sony IMMMEDIATELY - i typically sell these for $350. i am about 30 minutes west of gurnee/great america. sat/sunday noonish would be best for me if you came down.

i have two 10 inch eclipse aluminum subs they are 500 watt rms do you have any amps that will run them.
how many ohms? either the kx1200.1 or the 1000bd's if you want to give them that much power.

keep in mind guys that you don't need to give the subs max power to make them sound good and even great. that is just the maximum thermal rating given to the components, as in go much over this and you will start melting things. the mechanical and musical limits of your sub change a lot based on frequency and box design and it is very likely you will not need to be dumping 500 watts in to a 500 max rms sub to get it to sound good, i would expect most subs to be bottoming out before they even got to there really.

ok, so 375x2 @ 4 ohms or 750 x 1 @ 2 ohms. hmm of current stuff i've got -2 jl 500/1

fosgate 1000bd (1 would do it although i really don't want to break them up, i have a pair with link and bdsync cable)

hmm and that's it. i usually actually have more amps but have been out of the country for 3 weeks and slowing down my trading since i'm looking for a new house, selling/buying a car, and switching projects/locations at work - in a few months when this stuff is settled i may have some more options! the only one that is really great for you is probably the 1000bd but i'd like to keep those guys together as a pair. also these amps are more than 150 though - you are not going to find a real amp this powerful for $150, amps in that range simply do not put out that kind of power.
Thanks he got a MA Audio for $100

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.