Top of the Line

Actually i drive a trans am but no pony tail sorry didnt mean to get you excited;)
HDjJu.gif

Im not trying toclog up this guys thread he just sounds like the type to be happy with a set up like that and hell i figured it would all match so thats a bonus go any direction you please im just saying it would sound good and match wich is a huge bonus to me.

Lol!! For sound quality i would reccomend two JL w6 12v2's with a slash 1000/1 nice clean set up i had it myself sounded amazing. And then get the jl components you were speaking of and you have a matching system oh and almost forgot a slash 300/4 for the components
Do this whole website a favor and lurk till 2013 then give advice when u have Learned something
His recommendation actually wasn't bad TJ. Especially for an SQ setup. JL always has done well in the SQ lanes as I'm sure u know.

Would this setup be the "best" for his money? Thats debatable.

But you've gotta admit his post was waaaaaaaay better than the other newbs who come on here and act like their Audiopipe amps are SQ amps.

To the OP, I'm thinking something like this:

HU: Whichever double din has the features that you like for the price

Processing: JBL MS8, Audison Bit One or Bit Ten, or RF 3Sixty.3

Subs: Dayton HO, JL w6v2s, or Morel Ultimos

Amps: Audison, McIntosh, JL HD or Slash amps, Audiosystems...list goes on really...

Speakers: JL ZR's, HAT Legatia or Clarus, Dynaudio, Hertz Mille, Focal Utopia, Image Dynamics XS series, Polk SR's (if you can find em) or Raw drivers from partsexpress.com or madisound.com and setting up your own active comp set

Would someone be able to tell me how many posts I need in order to post pictures? I have a photo of the trunk that would be a good reference for everyone, but I am unable to post it!

I thank everyone for the responses whether they be trolling or legitimate. I'm really going to be studying a lot about all of the theories and ways of producing incredible SQ. I'm 17 and currently rebuilding my car so I have LOTS to learn, but the drive to learn it.

To the OP, I'm thinking something like this:HU: Whichever double din has the features that you like for the price

Processing: JBL MS8, Audison Bit One or Bit Ten, or RF 3Sixty.3

Subs: Dayton HO, JL w6v2s, or Morel Ultimos

Amps: Audison, McIntosh, JL HD or Slash amps, Audiosystems...list goes on really...

Speakers: JL ZR's, HAT Legatia or Clarus, Dynaudio, Hertz Mille, Focal Utopia, Image Dynamics XS series, Polk SR's (if you can find em) or Raw drivers from partsexpress.com or madisound.com and setting up your own active comp set
The JL W6V2 was a pretty recommended 12" sub, but is that going for SQ? I would like a fair bit of bump in the car to match the sound output. The W6 would be recommended over the W7 for this? I don't doubt anything JL sub-wise so I'll go with it. I've never heard of McIntosh, but say we were doing a 5ch for the speakers AND the sub? Would the recommendation still stand or would you recommend a separate amp power the sub?

I've never actually seen anything on processors! I'll have to look into it. I had a 5.1ch processor for the HU in my car, but I never really used it due to the amps (which I thought replaced it).

I do have a lot of questions, and I will be doing my research. Oh! As for the head unit, I do not care if it's single or double din so long as it has NAV and DVD. It would be pointless to go out and get a Garmin on the side, would it not? :p I'm a little more into the DVD aspect of things as well!

For amps, look into:

Mosconi

TRU

Sinfoni

Audison Thesis (not the lower end audison it's crap)

MacIntosh

For components:

Hybrid Audio Technologies

Rainbow

Focal (Be series)

DLS

Morel

For Subs:

Morel Ultimo SC

JL 13w7

TC Sounds

That should give ya a start for looking at budget. Remember you can own the best gear in the world, but if the install isn't right.....sound like arse.

To give you an idea of a basic SQ setup...I am putting this in the wifes VW Touareg.

H/U - Stock (just because of its integration into the vehicle)

Processor - RF 360.3

Frnt Stage - Old School Oz Audio Matrix Elite 4" components, with arc audio black 8" for a 3 way setup.

Rears - Old School Oz Audio Matrix Elite 4" components

Subs - JBL GTO804 8's.

Amps - Butler Tube driver blues.

Would someone be able to tell me how many posts I need in order to post pictures? I have a photo of the trunk that would be a good reference for everyone, but I am unable to post it!
I thank everyone for the responses whether they be trolling or legitimate. I'm really going to be studying a lot about all of the theories and ways of producing incredible SQ. I'm 17 and currently rebuilding my car so I have LOTS to learn, but the drive to learn it.

The JL W6V2 was a pretty recommended 12" sub, but is that going for SQ? I would like a fair bit of bump in the car to match the sound output. The W6 would be recommended over the W7 for this? I don't doubt anything JL sub-wise so I'll go with it. I've never heard of McIntosh, but say we were doing a 5ch for the speakers AND the sub? Would the recommendation still stand or would you recommend a separate amp power the sub?

I've never actually seen anything on processors! I'll have to look into it. I had a 5.1ch processor for the HU in my car, but I never really used it due to the amps (which I thought replaced it).

I do have a lot of questions, and I will be doing my research. Oh! As for the head unit, I do not care if it's single or double din so long as it has NAV and DVD. It would be pointless to go out and get a Garmin on the side, would it not? :p I'm a little more into the DVD aspect of things as well!
The w6v2 is all about SQ. I prefer SQ Myself and the and w6 is still one of my fav subs.

A 5 channel can work as long as u get the power u want out if it. Generally, this is easier with separate amps but if u find a suitable 5 channel it'll work just as good.

Also, nav and DVD look way better on a double din IMO.

When it comes to an SQ build, u will always have questions. DIYMA is a good site for sq advice as most guys here are all about getting loud. Also, it helps to read articles on acoustics and how the human body "processes" sounds.

Hope it all works out man. My SQ build was a lot of fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as well.

If I had to build a pure sq system.....

Pioneer P9

Sinfoni Desiderio for subs.

Sinfoni Prestigio for tweets.

Sinfoni Prodigio for mids.

Sinfoni Prodgio for midbass.

Focal Be No7 components.

Morel Ultimo 12 for sub.

Of course pure silver interconnects from Vacuum State.

pretty much, there are some that cost more, but the ultimo it pretty much known as top.

i'll put my alto falstaff up against it anyday //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.