Truck box build started, huzzah! Pics

One more pic for the night:

244227.jpg

The wood filler is to fill in the damaged wood, from where I had it mounted wrong lol., will sand it down and hopefully be covering the whole thing in bedliner. Finally starting to look like a box!

-Lurius

good stuff keep on posting progress pics....

I got a W4M tune as well and he didnt bump the timing much but i finally got a hold of him and told him he really needed to up it some more so he did and now its a new truck, just couldnt pass up the $150 for a spare PCM and unlimited updates. I'm trying to get my logging software so i can really see where i stand

good stuff keep on posting progress pics....
I got a W4M tune as well and he didnt bump the timing much but i finally got a hold of him and told him he really needed to up it some more so he did and now its a new truck, just couldnt pass up the $150 for a spare PCM and unlimited updates. I'm trying to get my logging software so i can really see where i stand
Yea, I did the same thing, 150$ for the tune and PCM. Even though I ended up with a different tuner its useful having 2 PCMs, no downtime, and they are both set up for my crankshaft, so no relearns again lol.

I'll have more updates within a couple days.. Took on a temporary job doing drive testing with cingular.. ugh, terrible stuff.. easy, simple, but I drove over 12 hours today.. My whole body is stiff! If highway driving can strain your body, let anyone who says motor sports are really sports think twice! On a positive note: Ordered my ORY and new GM gaskets(I heard that the ones that come with the headers are cheap). I need to order some header bolts as well, some locking ones, I dont want to have to retighten them.

Bleh.. driving is fun, but im burned out! and im only half done! I have to go to like 15 spots in Dallas tommrow, each spot has 3 different spots within it! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

-Lurius

Sweet. Got some new power wire in the mail today. Bought a 9 foot section of kicker 1/0 off ebay to upgrade my big 3 from 4 to 1/0. Going to order the full kicker wiring kit soon, but waiting until I get the rest of the stuff. I want to install and deaden all at once rather than having to rip everything out 3 times.. ****, this wire is FLEXABLE! You could fend off a horde of monkeys with a few feet of this stuff. I have limited experience with wiring, but this stuff is much more flexable than my Monster cable 4 gauge! Its heavy too, and the strand count is 4704.. Not as good as the Knu stuff, but more than enough for what i'll be pulling.

-Lurius

how are you going to run the wires back to the amp? I have seen many go through the fire walls on trucks like ours but there is an access hole under the driver side carpet in front of the seat that will let you run it back and fits perfectly in the rails under the pop up plastic thingy that runs towards the back. I wasnt sure if you already ran you stuff back or not and I didnt feel like reading all the pages again so if you didnt run it yet there ya go

how are you going to run the wires back to the amp? I have seen many go through the fire walls on trucks like ours but there is an access hole under the driver side carpet in front of the seat that will let you run it back and fits perfectly in the rails under the pop up plastic thingy that runs towards the back. I wasnt sure if you already ran you stuff back or not and I didnt feel like reading all the pages again so if you didnt run it yet there ya go
thats how mine is ran. the hole i think had to be slightly enlarged for 1/0 though.

I actually have a run of 4ga through there. I dident know about the preexisting hole so I just took out a bit and drilled and gromet'd the hole. Its located somewhere near the driverside, not far from steering.. I'll re-use that same hole simple because I already have it, and it fits 1/0 perfectly.

I attached the back piece to the box today, but unfortunantly the front piece is a little off.. thats the ONE piece I cut while drinking, go figure. So i'll recut it this weekend if I get a chance and put it on soon! Its lookin like a box now!

-Lurius

Nice looking truck i also have a w4m tune mines alright but i think it could be better.

btw you pretty much have the same mods as me...

Airaid intake tube with gutted air box with k&n filter

SS truck catback and 3" cutout

w4m tune

corvette servo

Catch can

I installed the LT headers yesterday with my dad. Man the passenger side is a *****! We had to remove the AC drier, and a couple other parts just to slide it in. Then we had to recharge AC. The driver side slides right in though, 20 mins tops. Then we had to drop the tranny x-member to put the new Y pipe in and clamp it all up. I still need someone to weld it all up and put flanges on the back of the headers, then it will stop leaking haha.

-Lurius

sweet man, hows the box coming along?
Havent had a chance to really work on it lately.. way too hot outside. Will have to work one night on it.. All that is left now is to cut the frotn piece again, then mount it and the lid. After that theres just the matter of adding the speaker terminals and i'll be done with it.

-Lurius

looks good so far.

what kind of subs going in there? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.