Two Fi audio HC 15”

Rocky213
10+ year member

South FL
Im putting two 15” in my Tahoe. My max dimensions are 48” x 20” x 20”. That puts me around 10cu ft gross. The guy at the shop says it going to be hard to keep it above 6cu net after baffling, bracing etc. i want to tune to 30hz but it will be hard since the port will have to be longer than the 20” box and take up more volume. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Aeroports. I have dual 6 inch aeroports on mine to cut back on space. Both of the ports combined take up less than 1 cube. 8 inch aeroports would take up more space, but would still be less than 1.5 cubes displaced. I think you can get away with dual 6s or a single 8 inch. Add in woofer, bracing and thick baffle and you could probably get 7.5 or even 8 cubes using aeroports. I did this one with dual aeroports so I could plug 1 port and get a super low tuning for playing with the low test tones. After using flared round ports on a few different builds, I’m definitely becoming a fan of them.
CFBFDE07-63A6-44D3-A4EA-996AE25F1DDA.jpeg

I could still labyrinth the port. It would just take up more box internal volume. You guys have any experience with round ports ? Supposedly they dont have to be as big as a slot port

Thanks slug, thats a nice box. Sound wise aero ports are good ? I suppose i could tune lower his…like 32, but really not trying to go above that

Damn i designed and built my box exactly same. If you were local man. 48x20x20 1 inch birch and 2inch baffle but slot ported at 30hz. Was for sql and not numbers, sounded amazing. Slot port on passenger side firing back at hatch, subs up. Came to 6.91 cubes after bracing, subs displ, etc. 100 in of port area 148.6 with 1700w from an AB amp, that was playing gucci mane at 31hz. I cant imagine with some power, it was just too much for an old fart

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...