type r 10 in 0.6 cubes sealed

Polyfill might help.

If you're not going to change the box, why make the thread?

If you're not happy with it, fix it. What more do you want to hear?

Comparing the two subs in question SD3-10d4 and SWR-10D4...it's really a matter of power. Modeling them both the SD-3 is quite happy at .6 cubes and will reach x-max around 400rms. The Alpine will also be OK in .6 but will have slightly less output at 400rms than the SD-3....however in .6 cubes the Alpine will not reach xmax until 1000rms...at this point the output is at least 2db greater across the usable bandwidth.

2kw to a pair of 10's would sound pretty dang sick.

Both subs stay under .8 QTC in a .6 sealed box and they're response looks about the same. The SD is underhung and the SWR has a pretty linear curve and 20mm of xmax.

Last edited by a moderator:
So with what money I would save on the Alpine over the sundown would be eaten up in amp cost, but overall the Alpine would be louder.

I'm wondering if my phoenix gold xs2500 would do the sundowns Ok until I could afford a new amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.