Type R Hype...?

And people here are calling my system ghetto... I wanted to hear what all the hype was about and dude at best buy was like, "I dunno whats wrong maybe only one voice coil is hooked up"... lmao
He may have been right, but one things for sure. The sub didn't leave any lasting impressions...
dont get me wrong im not saying its a bad sub, its just alot overhyped

i dont know the whole meca thing but i know dbdrag and Usaci ive seen multiple vehicles with shitty equipment get unespected scores.
theres nothing to prove really, i dont and never will own a type R
Are we talking multiple sub setups in SPL vehicles here?

And people here are calling my system ghetto... I wanted to hear what all the hype was about and dude at best buy was like, "I dunno whats wrong maybe only one voice coil is hooked up"... lmao
He may have been right, but one things for sure. The sub didn't leave any lasting impressions...

what the f*ck are you talking about. bestbuy knows sh*t. go there and ask everyone there if they know about the "Big 3". i have been to 3 bestbuy's and 2 circuit city's and no one had a clue what i was talking about.

lol, all this talk back and forth, its a shame that this same old issue comes up over and over, this TYPE R racism has got to stop....just pop ya collars and ride...cuz im still doing 145 when i glide like bonnie and clyde.....

lol, all this talk back and forth, its a shame that this same old issue comes up over and over, this TYPE R racism has got to stop....just pop ya collars and ride...cuz im still doing 145 when i glide like bonnie and clyde.....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

And you would know because you've heard my setup correct?
Uh no thats not correct, wouldnt you now if I heard your setup?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif / So what are you saying? it sounds good...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif

What the hell kind of math are you doing?
lol, the wrong order math that's what kind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif -1 for order of operations. I knew i should've stayed in school (or used a computer to do it for me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

Thats cool that a 10" type R can hit 150, but it sounds like complete ****. Just noise.
Don't be ignorant. Are you looking at what frequency he is getting his numbers at. It can only mean that Tommy has got his box tuned around the mid thirtys possibly. I bet his SPL setup will sound better on music than alot of competition setups.

Uh no thats not correct, wouldnt you now if I heard your setup?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif / So what are you saying? it sounds good...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif
So what gives you the right to say that my setup sounds bad?

I bet your 18" SX sounds like ****. Not because i've heard it, but just because I feel like saying that. Although I have no proof to back up my statement, kind of like you.

My "competition" setup peaks in the low 40's, right were many people's daily driver boxes peak at (notice I said PEAK, not TUNED TO). My setup sounds AWESOME on music.

and speaking of SX's vs the type r lol

my buddy had 2 12" SX with a kicker 2500.1.....big ass ported box at 35hz

and my type r's get louder then the SX's do off the orion ....

and my box is tuned to 35hz also, but hits the low notes with alot more authority then the SX's

the SX is what ? twice the price of a type R???

im not sure why u guys always seem to bash the type r , but y dont u just realize that they arn't bad budget subs...

and what i like about them is they actually sound great with minimal power (daily driving) and also they can take whatever you throw at them.....

nothing wrong with the sub, but i understand the frusteration of someone who pays more and gets less just because they wanted "RE" printed on their sub

The problem with Type Rs and similar "budget" subs has a few origins. First, people get them and then claim they're the $#it and can take down anything! This causes owners of the "super subs" to overreact and call them garbage, etc. Then, you have the people who seriously try to compare the Type R and similar subs to "super subs" that cost 3x or 4x what the Type R does and surprise, surprise the Type R ends up looking like garbage. So would a Corvette compared to a Ferrari! Does that make the Corvette garbage? Fawk no! It's just out of it's league. Then, you have the people who get or hear the Type R thinking it's something that it's not. It is not a "super sub." It is not a SQL sub.

The fact of the matter is that the Type R is a decent SPL sub and is very good for the price. Compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. If you compare it to a "super sub", then yes it'll look like garbage. If you compare it to many SQL subs of similar price, then no it probably won't sound as good. But, what it does for the price it does it at is pretty freakin' good.

For the record, I have never and probably never will own a Type R, but you won't catch me trashing them either. I would consider them, but I find them atrociously ugly and I can't explain why. In my setup, the subs are fully visible and I couldn't stand to look at them.

What I am saying is, there is no way your 10" R at 150.0 sounds like clean crisp, "good" sounding bass. I'm referring to the people that think because they have a couple R's, they pwn other **** cause they are capable of those numbers. Im sure it sounds just fine on music...but what numbers are you putting up on music? actually scratch that, I'm not convinced it sounds THAT good. I've heard and experimented with a few R setups, good budget woofer for sure! thats it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.