Type R Thread (Please don't lynch me just help me out)

You might be the master a building boxes, but you'll have to forgive me if your opinion on type r's doesn't defeat my argument. Let's see some proof of that 3600w on 2 type r 12's. Until then... BS.
No BS...ask anyone who competes in NESPL/ DB Drag/ Usaci in the New England area. A lot of people know who I am and that I'm not going to make something up. I'm just stating that they can easily take over rated power and are a good speaker for the money. If you don't like them then don't buy them but it doesn't mean they aren't decent. I have put them back to back VS 2009 Mojos and DC L4's and they did the same number even at a disadvantage in power (my Type R's are D4's and the others were D2's).

Honestly I don't care if anyone else buys them, I don't sell Alpine and dislike a lot of their equipment, but these subs are good.

No BS...ask anyone who competes in NESPL/ DB Drag/ Usaci in the New England area. A lot of people know who I am and that I'm not going to make something up. I'm just stating that they can easily take over rated power and are a good speaker for the money. If you don't like them then don't buy them but it doesn't mean they aren't decent. I have put them back to back VS 2009 Mojos and DC L4's and they did the same number even at a disadvantage in power (my Type R's are D4's and the others were D2's).
Honestly I don't care if anyone else buys them, I don't sell Alpine and dislike a lot of their equipment, but these subs are good.
I'm sure you're quite reputable and I don't doubt your skills and I don't mean to insult you. I do however doubt your claims on clamped power, etc. I've seen these subs in action. The only thing that i think they really did right was having 3 points of contact on the former. There are 2 different spiders connected at different points. These combined with the cone provide 3 different places to attach to the former. It keeps it more linear through the stroke.

I'm thinking you burped at high power before the coil could heat up. Sure mechanically this sub can take much more power over rated, but thermally it cannot for very long.

You and I should probably not be arguing because we have no difference in opinion and only a communication error. Pole piece blocking will only help cool the coil better when these holes are present. WIthout something blocking the pole, air moves right past these holes and up under the cone/dustcap. WITH something blocking, air is FORCED through these holes directly across the coil and you get better cooling. If you block the pole piece and there are none of these holes, you will get WORSE cooling. I think you'd agree with that.
Yerp, i completely agree.

I currently am running a 12" Type R on 600w RMS at 2.1cubes @ 34hz. It gets plenty loud for me but can be sloppy at times as I listen to all kinds of music. I would like to run 2 10s (Type R) in a sealed box on either a PDX1000 or an M1000. I need someone with experience with the Type R to tell me if the 10s will get close to how loud my 12 is. If they are about the same volume but much cleaner and punchier, SIGN ME UP. That's exactly what I want, very punchy bass. However, if I will lose a very significant amount of volume by going sealed I really am not interested.

Just taking a look, If I'm not mistaken Type R's only want 1.1ft in a vented enclosure. The 34hz seems near dead on, but, you've just got too much air-space.

We just put two Type R's in a G37, sealed box, PDX 1.1000 AMP. They were EXTREMELY tight. I was VERY suprised. Our store just got Alpine, and before we picked them up I was a big believer in 'new alpine is junk' ...but I stand corrected, and I stand by their stuff 95%. :lol: (they aren't perfect.) But, we throw the Type R's on sale for 100.00 a pop, you can't beat that woofer for that price tag. period.

However. going to a sealed box, you're not going to be as loud. going from 2 12" subs in ported, to 2 10" subs in a sealed... well, I can almost guarentee you won't be happy.

What about an AQ SDC2.5 12? I've heard them both and the AQ will beat the Type-R all day.
opinions are like ********. Everyone has one, no one wants to hear the **** coming though.

I'd do an R over an AQ sdc anyday, but that's just because AQ's owner is a tard as far as handling business with customers professionally. I've also owned 40+ 12" Rs... so again, it's all opinion based.

opinions are like ********. Everyone has one, no one wants to hear the **** coming though.
I'd do an R over an AQ sdc anyday, but that's just because AQ's owner is a tard as far as handling business with customers professionally. I've also owned 40+ 12" Rs... so again, it's all opinion based.
How is he a "tard"? From what I've seen, heard, and experienced he is very nice and helps anyone that needs it. He may be a little more personal than these big businesses like Alpine but he doesn't conduct business badly.

Lol type r's will always sound sloppy. they are trash. They are just an inexpensive entry level sub that won't do over rated. if you think they do... you have impedance rise that is saving you from cooking your coils.
How is he a "tard"? From what I've seen, heard, and experienced he is very nice and helps anyone that needs it. He may be a little more personal than these big businesses like Alpine but he doesn't conduct business badly.
There is **** you dont know.

I heard about it from Justins *****ing.

I bought a bass knob from him, a simple bassknob. it arrived several days later and I had to pay extra just to get it because he didn't pay proper shipping to my location, once I finally got the item, I open it up and it's damaged being only in a bubblewrap envelope that looks like it was wedged between the mail drivers ass for 2 years. I pm'd him about the extra shipping cost and the product, the immaturity of him over a few dollars and sending another as it was damaged was like talking to that of a child. I immediatly sold my amps and dropped all plans to do a full AQ system from that point on, he is no better than steve miller was with RD.

so that's how he's a tard, from personal experience... and my Opinion. You have your own on him/AQ, however wrong it may be.

There is **** you dont know.
I heard about it from Justins *****ing.

I may still have the PMs saved on my pc, i'll check later. Didn't I forward one or two of them to you to read at how immature he was acting? Like it was my fault lol.

I may still have the PMs saved on my pc, i'll check later. Didn't I forward one or two of them to you to read at how immature he was acting? Like it was my fault lol.
Yessir.. It was over an amp right? I think thats the case.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.