type R vs. SE

plopy
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Indep, MO
which will be louder and lower?

either setup will be ported (no specs yet)

2 12" Type R

or

2 12" RE SE

the setup will be running 1200 @ 1ohm

subs will be dual4 (600w to each sub)

this is a DD but i want more spl than sq

in the trunk of a 96 chevy beretta

listen to mostly rap

thanks

easier to post here

no they do not get very loud ported. Ive heard them and my memphis PRs are way louder with half the wattage. type R is louder ported than SE. havent heard either sealed

So R's ported it is

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yay

How in the world do SE's sound bad in ported enclosures? That's obserd. I heard one in a 2.75 cu ft. ported enclosure and it was loud and the sound quality wasn't bad at all. Go to realmofexcursion.com and talk to some people who have posted their videos of their SE's to see what they think of them.

Going by the specifications, SE's are not optimized for ported enclosures. However, that doesn't mean they can't sound good in a certain install.

I have 2 12" type-r's off 1200 watts 4.4 ported @ 32hz or so.. It get's very loud and the sound quality is really good. You don't really hear the SQ shine on the type-rs untill you put in some rock. But with the fast beats in some of twista's songs the type-rs shined, with rap they got amazing and loud.. only bad thing is I have alot of rattles. If you install them correctly im sure you wont be dissappointed. And for reference they sound as good if not better than my friends ported pair of 12w6v2's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.