Type-x Mechanical noise?

Participant count
  • Participant list

diminishedpower
10+ year member

I Like Chicken
Iowa
I just got a Type-x from a guy that claimed was barely used. Came with a ported box that he build that has good construction quality (it's not carpeted so I can see). I'm running it off my cadance amp at 2 ohms so its getting 1000w exactly. From the driver and passanger seat it sounds great(this is a scion tC with the sub and port pointed up at the hatchback), it will drop deep and and plays accurate through out all the ranges. But if I get close to the box there is mechanical noise. Is there mechanical noise usually associated with this sub? because I thought this one was known for its quietness?

what exactly does it sound like ? maybe ur just hearing port noise ?
It isn't port noise I know what that sounds like. It's more like a high pitch movement almost clicking sound that changes with pitch. But It's not a sound of hitting back slave, happens at all loudnesses but gets quieter as sub does.

???

i know if you have it up too much in a ported box it'll bottom out (makes i tapping/clicking sound). thats when you need to adjust your SSF, or back off of it a bit (this is what i do). could be the amp clipping it. is the gain maxed out?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.