unOfficial 2008 alpine iDA-X--- series HU thread

I'm looking into getting one of these decks and am curious about this too. Maybe setting up a playlist could be a work around? Can the x100 play playlists through a USB or external HD? If I played a playlist with all my mp3s on it on random, would it play only the first few artists or all of them?
It's all in the manual, how to set up the USB devices. My memory is made of "non-stick" these days, so I can't recall what is said, but it's quite straight forward.

A few questions:

First, what size album art will show up the best on the 2.2" screen?

I have an Itouch. I downloaded a bunch of artwork for it last night. I have found a few albums that either didnt accept the artwork, or when selected as the primary album in folder view, it blacks out the image untill I roll to one to its left or right, then it shows the album art to the left or right of the main center image. Does that make sense?

I plugged my Itouch into my iDAX-100 and lots of the album art seemed to be very pixelated or fuzzy. Which size of album art is recommended for this to be large and clear? Also there were a few albums art that would not display on the IDAX screen but will on the itouch. Any suggestions?

Also, is their going to be a way in the future to input full motion video into this 2.2"TFT Screen?

Has anyone modified another 2.2 or an EX-10 as an auxiliary screen mounted in a different location? Basically as a 2nd display of the IDAX already in the dash? Maybe in the Rear View Mirror or etc....

Any cool hacks or Cool mods please post or offer follow me links to their location!

This is a pretty cool deck and set up, Im just getting started with using and integrating it and its features. So far have the 3 pc setup, iDAX-100, KTX-H100, PXA-H100, a changer, full speed cable, and creative ideas for a docking location for the itouch via usb.

Lots of good suggestions and Ideas are very welcome!!!

Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Any advanced Tutorials available?

i will be picking up the new iDA-X100 to replace my aging alpine system commander[CTA-1505], so I will try to keep the thread update as new info is found out.

http://www.ilounge.com/

Here is a link to a site that should answer all your album art questions.

I have the x001 and it displays my album art just fine. The album art covers approx. 75% of the screen when in full display mode. When there is no album art the display shows a generic Alpine scene.

Some album art will not show/work on ipod. According to their customer service person I spoke to, I have the ipod nano 4g, it depends on the file content type or something like that. My cd's all display album art just fine but the songs I previously purchased from Real Player will not display album art on the ipod or my hu. On my ipod the display, cover flow, etc., shows a music note.

You can get album art from Amazon.com. Display the music/cd you want the cover art and click on "larger image". Save it to a folder on your computer. Right click on the song, you can have individual art work for seperate songs or the album/cd, click on "get info" click on "artwork" and add the album art via the browser window for individual songs and copy/paste for a album/cd or compilation. You can use any jpeg, not just album art, to customize your music with your own flair.

Your pixelating and fuzzy problems are probably due to the size of the album art you are working with. It may be too small and the hu is displaying a larger image that is of poor quality. I doubt it is the hu. Mine displays the ablum art just fine.

Good luck and keep us informed.

new thread in ipod forum that may be helpful:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=238631

palmfish: Your IDA-X100 should have come with a short (maybe 4"?) USB -> dock cable. You plug that in to the other cable (USB male) that goes into the HU, the same one you were using to connect your USB HD. The KCE-422i is a separate cable that's only needed for older (3rd, 4th gen) iPods.
i thought that the kce-422i was so that u could use the hu to control the ipod? i have that same ipod (30gb, 1.3 software version) as palmfish has. does this mean that i wasted $20 on this cable because it wont work with my ipod?

Hi All,

I just bought the x100, and I'm really happy with it.

But, the only thing that I can't get to work right is the M.I.X. play. It only randomly plays songs from the first 5 or so folders on my USB stick.

I got a a 32 gb USB stick, and I loaded some folders onto it, then I went for a drive. When I came back, I loaded some more folders on. Only the first batch of folders are set for the MIX. The rest of the folders have to be played manually, and aren't included in the MIX.

Then I came on here and heard about the DriveSort. Sorting by Long or Short names doesn't change anything.

I have less than 100 folders so that isn't the problem either.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks a lot guys,

~Nate

I have a strange problem with my new iDA-X100 head unit. Basically it does not respond to steering wheel control inputs when the display is dimmed with the headlights turned on. I have the PAC SWI-JACK interface connecting the steering wheel controls in my 2004 BMW 330Ci. Everything works properly with the headlights turned off. Also, if I disable the dimmer feature in the headunit so the display stays lit bright when the headlights are turned on then the steering wheel controls work fine.

Can someone who has this head unit & is also using the SWI-JACK interface & has the dimmer lead of the head unit connected please check this to see if yours does the same thing? I'm not sure if I have a defective head unit or if it's a design problem where all the head units do this. I can't think of anything else that would cause this kind of behavior other than something in the head unit. I'll probably call Alpine's tech support line but I'd like to hear from some other people first.

Thanks,

Jeff

So I've been thinking about getting a iDA-X200 for my car. The car came with crappy JVC 6.5"s up front and Sony Xplod 6x9"s in the back and since I am broke, those will have to do for now.

I've always been a Pioneer fanboy, but the new iDA-X series has peaked my interest. The CD player I end up buying has to have good USB features (I want to use an external HDD or thumb drive for everything). I was thinking about getting a 160GB USB 2.0 Western Digital My Passport Essential and mounting it in the globe box. Would this work well with the X200? It's a pretty big leap to ditch CDs all together and I want to make sure everything functions pretty good.

Anything else I should know about?

So I've been thinking about getting a iDA-X200 for my car. The car came with crappy JVC 6.5"s up front and Sony Xplod 6x9"s in the back and since I am broke, those will have to do for now.
I've always been a Pioneer fanboy, but the new iDA-X series has peaked my interest. The CD player I end up buying has to have good USB features (I want to use an external HDD or thumb drive for everything). I was thinking about getting a 160GB USB 2.0 Western Digital My Passport Essential and mounting it in the globe box. Would this work well with the X200? It's a pretty big leap to ditch CDs all together and I want to make sure everything functions pretty good.

Anything else I should know about?
there will be a maximum number of files you can play

there has to be a certain order in your folder/file hiarchy

you will not be able to play lossless or uncompressed file formats with retained quality

there might be power issues, but those are resolved by cheap adapter if they pop up

Thanks. What's the maximum number of files? All my songs are sorted. The songs are all in ##. Artist - Title format inside an album folder which is inside the artist folder. Most of my music files are 192 - 320kbps mp3s so I'm not too worried about that. What is this adaptor?

Can someone explain how to put the custom BG on the X-100 I seen UFAN'S post BUT most of the links are either dead or not helpful.

Can someone explain how to put the custom BG on the X-100 I seen UFAN'S post BUT most of the links are either dead or not helpful.
go to here;

http://www.riotcreative.co.uk/tools/AlpineConverter.aspx

take whatever picture you want off your HDD and this tool will size it convert it to APN and even show you what it will look like on the HU...I have made 11 APN's with this for my X-100 and they all work perfectly...

One thing though, when you hit the download button it will go to a wrong page, so once you get to that page then hit the go back arrow on your comp and it will come up with a screen that says " webpage has expired" once there hit refresh and it will take you back to the correct page, then hit download again, it will have an area to fill out info and description of pic and hit the download button again and save it to your hdd...

make sure you put something descriptive in the pic title or you won't know which background...

Also you can go to;

http://www.pride-rock.com/forum/apnlist.php?mode=joined&order=DESC&start=1200

and all those pics are already made into APN's but none of them would work for me...You might have better luck with them but I did steal some of the pics off that site and converted them with the APN tool...GL and if you need any more help PM me...

go to here;
http://www.riotcreative.co.uk/tools/AlpineConverter.aspx

take whatever picture you want off your HDD and this tool will size it convert it to APN and even show you what it will look like on the HU...I have made 11 APN's with this for my X-100 and they all work perfectly...

One thing though, when you hit the download button it will go to a wrong page, so once you get to that page then hit the go back arrow on your comp and it will come up with a screen that says " webpage has expired" once there hit refresh and it will take you back to the correct page, then hit download again, it will have an area to fill out info and description of pic and hit the download button again and save it to your hdd...

make sure you put something descriptive in the pic title or you won't know which background...

Also you can go to;

http://www.pride-rock.com/forum/apnlist.php?mode=joined&order=DESC&start=1200

and all those pics are already made into APN's but none of them would work for me...You might have better luck with them but I did steal some of the pics off that site and converted them with the APN tool...GL and if you need any more help PM me...
Thanks for the fast responce. I was actually just on that pride rock site before I seen this and They don't work for me either. But thanks for the other information. Ill let you know if it all goes accordingly. Ill just edit this post in like 10 mins or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.