Viper 791xv problem

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Well my battery died in my car, have no clue why, but I got the batter charged back up, however my alarm isnt functioning properly. It will arm/disarm, however everytime I press the button, the transmitter beeps at me as if it were out of range. I dont think it even really arms my car, just locks and unlocks it. Any ideas?

sounds like it is in valet mode, try having drivers door open, hit lock, unlock, lock quickly... then it should come out of valet mode...

if that doesn't work, you may need to relearn your remote... the 791 depending on what version it is, the remotes sometimes have problems with loosing comms...

also possible that your battery in the remote is dying/dead...

try the valet mode thing though... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i've seen quite a few of these lately... make sure the antenna is plugged in all the way at the antenna... and at the brain... and try reprogramming your remote... other than i don'thave an answer right now

Well my battery ran down today, I didnt let it charge up enough last night since I had my doors open, my headlights on and gidgets and whatnot on while I was test fitting my new sub box and making adjustments.

Anyway, my battery was completely dead this morning, so when I got the battery booster on it, all of the sudden my alarm start chirping and then it went off. I disarmed it with my transponder and now the transponder works with the alarm. How strange

just hit the lock button 5 times in a row really fast, if that doesnt work, then hold the little black butotn on the bottom for 1 sec while the car is in the run position but isnt on... thats all i got

Well my battery ran down today, I didnt let it charge up enough last night since I had my doors open, my headlights on and gidgets and whatnot on while I was test fitting my new sub box and making adjustments.
Anyway, my battery was completely dead this morning, so when I got the battery booster on it, all of the sudden my alarm start chirping and then it went off. I disarmed it with my transponder and now the transponder works with the alarm. How strange
possibly a bad antenna... or something in the car or something around the car giving interference... SP sorry, anyway, I had a 790 XV and it would do that when I was around certain things, I had to put the remote on my windshield for it to work, then after I was out of the range, it worked fine, I swapped my antenna and it worked wonderfully from there out...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.