Want to go lower

A used Alpine CDA-117 will have all the options you'll need for a long, long time, and only run you slightly more than a new bottom of the line Alpine.
Alpine CDA 117 CD USB MP3 in Dash Receiver 793276711656 | eBay

They are running a bit higher in price than usual, you can find one for 170$ shipped sometimes. Just have to keep on eye out.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

30-32Hz if you like to play Lows most of the time, 33-35Hz if you play a real mix of music all the time, as a rule of thumb.
I play about an even mixture of both so probably about 33?

Also, this place charges 250 for the box. Is that about an average price or is that really high for a custom box in my t-top place.

I play about an even mixture of both so probably about 33? Also, this place charges 250 for the box. Is that about an average price or is that really high for a custom box in my t-top place.
33 would probably be pretty balanced. 250$ is pretty decent, but it depends how oddly shaped it has to be to fit the space, if it's just a square box it might be pretty high.

A used Alpine CDA-117 will have all the options you'll need for a long, long time, and only run you slightly more than a new bottom of the line Alpine.

C

They are running a bit higher in price than usual, you can find one for 170$ shipped sometimes. Just have to keep on eye out.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

30-32Hz if you like to play Lows most of the time, 33-35Hz if you play a real mix of music all the time, as a rule of thumb.
I play about an even mixture of both so probably about 33?

Also, this place charges 250 for the box. Is that about an average price or is that really high for a custom box in my t-top place.

Last edited by a moderator:
33 would probably be pretty balanced. 250$ is pretty decent, but it depends how oddly shaped it has to be to fit the space, if it's just a square box it might be pretty high.
Its gotta be like square, but with a tilt in it to avoid hitting the trunk so I guess fairly oddly shaped.

Sounds simple to me, just a wedge shaped box, I bet you could have one built and shipped to you cheaper than 250.

Idk why, but for some reason I just wouldn't be comfortable getting a box built online

. And sent to me you know? What if I got it and it didn't go in right. Them I'm just out the money with am odd shaped box.

Idk why, but for some reason I just wouldn't be comfortable getting a box built online. And sent to me you know? What if I got it and it didn't go in right. Them I'm just out the money with am odd shaped box.
There are many box builders on here who build higher quality boxes than most shops. They have many and many transactions under their belts. They will ask for specific dimensions to assure proper fit. It would be well worth your time to get at least a very good box design and have the shop build that for you.

There are many box builders on here who build higher quality boxes than most shops. They have many and many transactions under their belts. They will ask for specific dimensions to assure proper fit. It would be well worth your time to get at least a very good box design and have the shop build that for you.
I hold this specific shop in pretty high regard , they've been at it since the 80s and do a very nice job.

Hey man, I went and talked to a guy about a box today and the shop said to tune it at like 38hz to be more musical. Compared to what you said that sounded really high and I wanted to know you're input on the situation

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.