Warhorse eletrical recommendations

Well if he wires it up to 4 ohms and turns down the gains a ton, he might be able to get by with just an isolated 16v HO alt and a small bank of batteries:p
If you were smart man, you'd sell this and get a Sundown 4500 and pocket the extra cash. Or trade it straight across for the Sundown and batteries or something.

But you're definitely gonna have to drop at least $1k in electrical, and that's being exceptionally modest.
well i thank all of you for completely changing my mind on even trying this amp. is there anymore 4500's out there???

You're going to fry that amp and your alternator if you try to run it on a stock alternator.
^^^^ everybody has changed my mind within the matter of a hour of even trying the amp out, even though i just bought it ^_^

is this amp so inefficient that it would draw so much power it would damage it's self even if set to run insanely conservative like 2000w?

Are yuo planning on running it at 4 ohms, cause there is no way those subs are taking 10000 watts? And if so, you may not need as much electrical, but are still going to need quite a bit.

Are yuo planning on running it at 4 ohms, cause there is no way those subs are taking 10000 watts? And if so, you may not need as much electrical, but are still going to need quite a bit.
theres videos of new RE XXX 15's holding 10k alone for 5 minutes at 15 hertz. The excursion is insane on the XXX's

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

surely they can handle 10k. ... Well, I ran my one 12 on 10K for about 10 burps before it went pooooofffff.
^^^^^^^^ hahaha thats never good =D

Yeah, they may take it for a bit, but I don't see it being a very long time. I did see a vid title that states 10k, then you hear the guys voice and he says its about 8000. But in a reply to someone asking how the sub would do off 3.5k, he says he doesn't recommend more than the 2k rating. Not saying they're not underrated, but i wouldn't be driving around with 10k going to them

Yeah, they may take it for a bit, but I don't see it being a very long time. I did see a vid title that states 10k, then you hear the guys voice and he says its about 8000. But in a reply to someone asking how the sub would do off 3.5k, he says he doesn't recommend more than the 2k rating. Not saying they're not underrated, but i wouldn't be driving around with 10k going to them
i was never expecting to get a full 10k out of this amp. after the money i dropped in it i was hoping to get around 7000-8250 which 3500 to 4125 watts to each is sub is a **** load but i believe it could handle, especially in a small sealed box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.