Warhorse eletrical recommendations

If you did get a really killer deal on the Warhorse (under $1k), then you could easily sell it to fund a more affordable set-up.
^^^^^ This is very true. Now to get so i can take a picture with my name to text to it. =D how much do these things sale for used?? my deal was a old friend needed money thing

The warhorse raped my father and beat my mother

In reality though, it was just DOA and took forever to get fixed. I have my Horse wired up to 6ohms right now with all the the electrical in my sig. Can't really tell you where I'm sitting with the voltage because I can't seem to find the voltmeter i had installed in my car, but it's making power and my vehicle isn't near shutting down/dimming etc. I'll have a better idea for you once I find the darn meter.

I will say this though, with all that shiz you're going to put into that car (i.e. two 18s, x amount of big batteries, big ol box, and the weight of those subs) you're going to want to look into a beefier suspension (heavy duty springs, airride, etc) or your car is going to be sagging like an 80 year old's tatas.

Also please no off the wall recommendations like 12 batteries 5 alternators or anything else you might of read off the Internet.
comes on internet. doesn't want internet recommendations

scumbag_steve_hat_sticker-p217526607120988353bah05_400.jpg

is this amp so inefficient that it would draw so much power it would damage it's self even if set to run insanely conservative like 2000w?

I use a large amp and just powering it up will load down the alternator noticeably. The dangerous thing is that music is dynamic and it's very hard to know when the amp is running at 90% or 20% efficiency, so you could be going along fine, then your song plays the wrong note and you went from drawing 200A to 600A 4 batteries won't hang with that for long.

Big ass telecom batteries. Guy with a show truck on here that was in a couple mags had a bunch in the bed of his pickup. They are very nice bats.
i have already done some research on them, seem very high end and promising. just pricey =O

If you want to run the full 10k, you need 400A of alternator (usually 2 HO) and 6-8 good AGM batteries.

I'm running half of mine atm on 1 275A alt and 3 Deka 9A31s. One less battery and she starts to eat me alive.

^^^^ everybody has changed my mind within the matter of a hour of even trying the amp out, even though i just bought it ^_^
Everyone just has a boner for Sundown amps and tries to move everyone off of Kicker eq. Honestly, though, if you aren't going to put serious money into electrical, a 4500 would be better. It would also be a better match for those REs. If you are just going to run two of them, you wouldn't be using half that Warhorse anyways.

the warhorse is the last 10k amp I would buy...2 teammates of mine had them and they just didn't perform for what they are

Sold them, bought dc 9k's and never looked back

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

theres videos of new RE XXX 15's holding 10k alone for 5 minutes at 15 hertz. The excursion is insane on the XXX's 

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

^^^^^^^^ hahaha thats never good =D
lol

the warhorse is the last 10k amp I would buy...2 teammates of mine had them and they just didn't perform for what they are
Sold them, bought dc 9k's and never looked back
It is not good for competitions. It works wonders for daily and 'wow' factor. It's too strenuous on electrical for proper burping and the push/pull make it incompatible with SVC woofers or an odd number of woofers. It also is a higher ohm load than most other 10ks and won't go near the high spectrum of input voltage. Those are probably some of the reasons. As far as 10k amps go, she's dirt cheap.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.