Weird problem with Dash Installation Kit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fi_
10+ year member

King of Diamonds
Fryeburg
So I bought a crappy Scoshe install kit from walmart for $15 for my 02 trailblazer I got the dash apart and everything ready to be installed and I noticed something strange. The main bracket that the headunit slides into (the rectangle plastic piece.) was not wide enough for my Pioneer DEH4200UB, has ANYONE ever had this happen? I called Sound Resort and they said that that makes no sense since all headunits are the same width that are single din.

IF that's the case then why the hell did my Pioneer not fit? I don't even know what I need to get now, I ******* hate install kits D:

I thought I had a similar issue with my pioneer hu and scoche kit. I ended up taking off the plastic trim on the hu and it fit fine. You insert it from the back. I had to move it around a bit before screwing it in for the head unit to open correctly but it worked and looks great.

I thought I had a similar issue with my pioneer hu and scoche kit. I ended up taking off the plastic trim on the hu and it fit fine. You insert it from the back. I had to move it around a bit before screwing it in for the head unit to open correctly but it worked and looks great.
hmm could very well be the problem I'm used to ones where you slide the headunit in or whatnot I'll give it a go fit my last Scoshe install kit fine for my Jeep so that's why I was like wtf?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.