What to fill screw holes with?

Are they countersunk screw holes? You simply drip a little glue in the hole then plug them with dowel rods, cut it as close as possible to the surface, then sand it flat. You can also buy plug cutting bits and use a different type of wood to make contrasting/accent plugs, but that's more work than it's worth if you're painting it all black anyway.

PV Audio had this great idea, but its probably a little much if you are painting.

It was to:

Save your MDF dust, mix it with glue and then put it in there.

Comes out the same color and everything.

PV Audio had this great idea, but its probably a little much if you are painting.
It was to:

Save your MDF dust, mix it with glue and then put it in there.

Comes out the same color and everything.
Actually, it comes out a little more yellow if you use Tite Bond II. It also comes out rough when trying to fill screw holes.

Wood filler will work just fine and it won't crack. I did have issues with wood filler bloating up on me after a month or two. Bondo will probably be your best bet.

I don't know what Cylicone is...

I love how we jump on the easy answers, but if some guy is like "I need help with this complicated box design," we are like "man, gonna stay the F away from that..."

bondo = so that's how its done, good to know! Now I won't have to worry about messin' with the other sh** I've used in the past.

(I had some previous attempts crack, break up and fall apart on me)

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ThomasG

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
ThomasG
Sick Lake city
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date