what's the difference between 4 ohm stereo and 4 ohm mono?

the specs on my amp reads
50 x 4 @ 4 ohms STEREO

100 x 4 @ 2 ohms stereo

200 X 2 at 4 ohms bridged MONO

my question is what's the difference between 4 ohm mono and 4 ohm stereo?
None.

Edit: I think we have to know what the input options are.

Are you really under the impression that your stock radio's amplifier switches between mono and stereo based on power needs?
for that i really dont know, but u can test using a DMM an a single 1khz at 0 db, swiching the amp on mono and back to stereo.

i will try that one day.

You must be describing the antenna function which will switch to mono to compensate for a weak FM signal.
Are you really under the impression that your stock radio's amplifier switches between mono and stereo based on power needs?
No dude... The aftermarket amp that he is trying to install, it has a setting for mono (factory radio), and stereo (aftermarket stereo). The factory amp doesnt need to switch for anything...

I dont know what antenna function you are talking about... My antenna doesnt have a switch //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

50 x 4 @ 4 ohms STEREO

100 x 4 @ 2 ohms stereo

Usually on a amp a 4 ohm mono is used for a Sub and a 4 ohm stereo is used for front speakers and/or comps

50 x 4 @ 4 ohms STEREO

100 x 4 @ 2 ohms stereo

50 x 4 @ 4 Ohm Stereo

100 x 4 @ 2 Ohm Stereo

200 x 2 Bridged @ 4 Ohms

i got this info from

https://www.alphacaraudio.co.uk/ViewProdDetails.asp?prod_code=PON09G000072&Prod_name=Diamond+D3+400.4++Four-Channel+Amplifier+&Search=Y

btw where did you get your stats?? as far as i can tell its a stereo amp not a mono amp, someone correct me if im wrong

4 ohm stereo. two channels. 4 ohm load each.

4 ohm mono, one channel (two channels bridged) = 2 channels at 2ohms each. sums left & right signal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.