When do PIONEER head units clip?

my 6000ub could go all the way to 60/62
wasnt audible distortion

**** good headunit but my new car has a double din
pioneer 8000 is double din... so nice //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

did you actually test this with a oscope or something, how did you figure this out? Amd your head unit is very similar to mine, so i'm sure they probably clip at the same volume.
This is the only way to be sure is to scope it out with your settings. If you run with your bass set flat you may not clip until vol 57-59. But if you run with it at say +5 it may clip as early as vol 52. This is just an example .

I had a 4900ib and I set my gains at 55. If you don't have stock front speakers, it really shouldn't matter to much seeing as you can set your gains where ever you want.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

after messing around with it for a while i found out that i get the fullest and cleanest sound from my speakers when setting the gains at 55/62. With cd's i go no higher than 55, and with my ipod i have to go to about 58 on most songs. Plus it let me set my gains lower on the amp!

Ive always gone with 75% of max when i first build a system. Then after tuning I see where I can turn it. Currently I wont turn my alpine past 30/35. I started at 26/35

It is very dependent on what settings you are using on the H/U. I have a DEH-3900MP and if I set it with no alteration of the signal I can go to 60/62 with no distortion but as I enable different settings, distortion starts to creep in at lower and lower volumes. When I first started trying to tweak my H/U it had distortion all the way down at 45/62 but after disabling some settings and only using a couple I got it to where it is between 55-60 that distortion sets in.

-Ryan

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...