Which 8" sub?

Pearson
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Florida
So I got the amp I was wanting and with my tax refund I'm lookin to put a sub in my truck. A little about what I know so far, I have a hifonics hfi1000d and I only have room for 1 8". Box dimension are 50"Wx10Hx7d1x4d2. It's goin behind my rear seat and I think I only have 6" of mounting depth. It might be a little less but not much less. I listen to a lot of different music so I want a sub that'll sound good but be kinda loud. I know a single 8" won't be anything close to the 2 12's that are in my wifes beetle but I need bass. Lol. I miss it too much.

Here's some of the 8's I was thinking about:

- SA-8

- Skar

- DC

- DD

I don't know of any others that would give me the output I'm wanting so I'm still open for other ideas. I have roughly $400 to put my system together so price isn't that big of a deal but I need to get a box so I need a little left over. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

This one haha

rrqhdg.jpg

true bass ultra 8... best 8 out for $80 shipped
Call the man direct that builds them

865-717-0543
Haven't heard of them so i'll look into it.

Dayton shallow 8's a pair of em. Should work in the space ya have.
Not a fan of shallow subs. Thanks though.

Or find some eclipse ti 8's, there not easy to find though. Theres a single 8808 on ebay now with box
i really want a pair
I have time to look but i've heard some eclipse stuff and it wasn't bad so I may try and find some.

May sell my custom 8's hahaha
Details?

This one haha
Yes. Mounting depth might be an issue though. lol

DD 2508's just got released if I am correct, I'm not sure how easy they are to find though.. They look like quite the beast.

I hear good thing about the tang band 8's..

My old school RE 8 does pretty well for its age.

I guess what i'm looking for is a sub that can take close to 750/1000w daily and mounting depth shorter that 5 7/16.

Sundown is looking like the best option because I can't find much on the DC but I haven't talked to pro-rabbit yet so I may wait and see what he says.

I love RE (old school). I had an older RE SE 12 but I never got to use it cause I didn't have a box and ended up selling it a couple of months ago for like $50. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

sorry to hear that man, ****, I got my RE 8 for 50 bucks.. makes me jelly lol.

but seriously that monster of an 8 posted earlier looked **** nice... I thought it was a joke but it apparently isn't.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.