Why Dont New Rockford Amp's Sell?

I myself have been through many amps and keep coming back to RF. For a reason because they are one of the best and oldest car audio companies around. Since 1989 I have been using RF and have never been let down. However people have a right to choose how they spend their money and what they like which is cool. As long as you have a product that you believe in that is all that matters.

I myself have been through many amps and keep coming back to RF. For a reason because they are one of the best and oldest car audio companies around. Since 1989 I have been using RF and have never been let down. However people have a right to choose how they spend their money and what they like which is cool. As long as you have a product that you believe in that is all that matters.
I can say the same for Orion.

I can say the same for Orion.
I love the old school Orion amplifiers! What ever happened to the days of sparing no expense to produce the best possible product?

Second thought, don't answer that. The kiddies demanded cheap power and we ALL had to suffer because of it. Also if a product was that dаmn good, there was no need to replace it with a new and improved model. As a result, some companies were their own worst enemy for making the product so reliable.

i was told that rf has been overrating their amps for the past 5 years. is there any truth to that? or how do you konw that "most of the new power series amps are putting up 300-500 watts over the rated power"?
its yours for 56 shipped
unless they are fibb'in on the birthsheets. I would think they could get in trouble for that. I'd say on average they are 300 watts over rated. Most of the bd1000 are running 1300 watts. Plus back in the day they were not 1 ohm rated. I think that is how they are gettting more power out of them..

the newer power series RF amps are tanks. My t400-2 I ran at 1ohm mono a few times and took it like a champ (was very pissed it was stolen). The t1500-1bd i used was an awesome piece as well, and very small. People don't buy RF because they are cheap IMO.

Only reason i think, is their retail price. But if you shop around you can find them for good prices.

And i agree with dude that said because it's an brand thats sold in retail store like bestbuy, I guess the "real" audio guys think RF is too retail now.

Can't the same be said about Alpine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.