will I be able to run 800-1000rms off of 105 amp alt and stock battery?

Weeznur32
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Seattle
I have a 105A stock alternator.

I am thinking about picking up a cheap 1000w amp like a hifonics or something but need to make sure I can run it with stock alternator/battery?

I wouldn't mind buying a cheaper 2nd battery for the back but reallllly don't want to replace alternator.

SO. Will i need to buy a 2nd battery do you think?

I would run a second batt. And also 5 farad cap. They say 500 watts per 1 farad of cap, but you can get them 5 ferad caps that are all in one unit. The more the better with them. They will keep your lights from dimming. And they kind act like an extra battery also. Pyle has them about any brand of wire maker makes them also.

I would also make sure you have some good wire also. That is worth its weight in gold. I would do a min of 2 gauge wire. And if there isnt much difference in price go 1/0 wire and your set for about anything you might want to do in the future. Basically anything under 10k watts. Make sure to upgrade wire from alt to battery and battery to ground with 2 guage also the 8 gauge from factory is kind of small for the job.

I would run a second batt. And also 5 farad cap. They say 500 watts per 1 farad of cap, but you can get them 5 ferad caps that are all in one unit. The more the better with them. They will keep your lights from dimming. And they kind act like an extra battery also. Pyle has them about any brand of wire maker makes them also.I would also make sure you have some good wire also. That is worth its weight in gold. I would do a min of 2 gauge wire. And if there isnt much difference in price go 1/0 wire and your set for about anything you might want to do in the future. Basically anything under 10k watts. Make sure to upgrade wire from alt to battery and battery to ground with 2 guage also the 8 gauge from factory is kind of small for the job.
you're a retard.

OP dont listen to that guy.

first off if your stock batt is 75ah or more you should be ok.

I would run a second batt. And also 5 farad cap. They say 500 watts per 1 farad of cap, but you can get them 5 ferad caps that are all in one unit. The more the better with them. They will keep your lights from dimming. And they kind act like an extra battery also. Pyle has them about any brand of wire maker makes them also.I would also make sure you have some good wire also. That is worth its weight in gold. I would do a min of 2 gauge wire. And if there isnt much difference in price go 1/0 wire and your set for about anything you might want to do in the future. Basically anything under 10k watts. Make sure to upgrade wire from alt to battery and battery to ground with 2 guage also the 8 gauge from factory is kind of small for the job.
Can't tell if trolling or just stupid?

This is down the line...i need to save up some money first but I guess I'll just have to test it out and if I end up needing a battery I'll just get a small Kinetik or XS power or something that won't break the bank.

Thanks

yeah just go ahead and if the voltage drops too much then get it sorted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Man that dude is a joke. I gave you good solid info. Go look at wiring kits for the watts you want to run. Do some looking around on google. I'm right on par with what I had said and stand by it. If you dont use the amp that hard no you wont have a problem. If you pound on it....I have seen people who have fried their AMP because they didnt get enough current to it. Trust me it happens. Believe me what you will.....guess from the bonehead that calls me a retard, that I dont know what I am talking about....some people just need to grow up. 1000 watts is just the right amount of power where you have to start upgrading things.

The bold is why u got the retard label...

Not trolling.....just helping the guy out.......and NOT stupid. And dude grow up.
So 1/0awg wire for 1000watts is solid advice? Technically it doesn't hurt, but not necessary either. Honestly your advice should've stopped after "I would've run a second batt" if that

I said if the cost of 1/0 wasnt much more than 2 gauge do the 1/0 and be finished with it if he would add to it later. I wish someone would have told me that

back when I was starting out......would have saved me some money and this was 12 years ago when prices were not that cheap

for this stuff! So if putting some facts out there as 1 farat for 500 watts is being bold and etc. that isnt being a retard........that is givin

the guys some good advice to go off of.........

I said if the cost of 1/0 wasnt much more than 2 gauge do the 1/0 and be finished with it if he would add to it later. I wish someone would have told me that back when I was starting out......would have saved me some money and this was 12 years ago when prices were not that cheap

for this stuff! So if putting some facts out there as 1 farat for 500 watts is being bold and etc. that isnt being a retard........that is givin

the guys some good advice to go off of.........
Mehh to much to bold in that ramble... Best just to let it be...

I am running about 1600-1700 watts with stock electrical and a single 4 gauge. I do get some voltage drop at full volume, but I don't ride around trying to blow out my eardrums either.

I ran a solid class A/B that benched at 1400+@1 and ran it all on a 105a alternator, not sure on battery size, but I never did the big 3 and I didnt upgrade any other electrical. Never had a single issue with voltage drops or headlight dimming even on full tilt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.