Wiring for a amp cooling fan

jlman thanks for the info . Now I got another question Do I need to put the amp in any kind of enclosure to use a fan ? Right now it is mounted to the floor of my truck under the seat .

no just mount the fan so that it is pointing towards the amp so it can cool it.Any place is fine as long as it blows on it.

Thanks for the info . I really appreciate it .

When you wire the fan, put an inline fuse on the power wire going to the fan. Make sure that the fuse matches the power draw of the fan. If you don't add a fuse, you could risk a fire from the fan motor if it should fail. Not that it's a huge motor, but it's better to be safe.

natem33 and jlman thanks for your help on this subject . I rather new to the car audio thing and I have this message board to very useful . You guys have any suggestions on brands and size ? I have a RF Punch 800.2 amp .

Thanks again for your help

Man that isnt **** you could buy like ****ing mobile authority thats it for 25 now for around 60 you can get soem fosgates but you would still have alot of power left and most likley blow your speakers but when you ready to spend more talk back.

ramos thanks I'll give that a try . I was under the idea that I had to buy one that said it was for car stereo applications .

Originally posted by Ynot:ramos thanks I'll give that a try . I was under the idea that I had to buy one that said it was for car stereo applications .
Nah as long as it's a 12v dc fan. It will work fine. There will be to wires one for power and one for ground. I use a toggle switch on the power side so that I can turn them off and on when I want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.