Wiring Harness Troubles

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zeditious

TN
I have a 2008 Silverado Ext. Cab without the bose system in my vehicle. I purchased a Pioneer Head Unit and a Axxess GMOS-LAN-02 wiring harness without doing much reading. I realized after looking at the packaging that the GMOS-LAN-02 supports amplified systems (aka Bose Audio) systems but doesn't specify if it supports non-amplified systems. Should I go ahead and exchange it for a GMOS-LAN-01 or try the current one?

Your factory system might have a factory amp somewhere hidden that powers the speakers in your truck. Might have to remove the factory wiring harnness and splice those wires to hook on the spkr wires on the new HU.

According to Crutchfield I do not have the right wiring harness. I can't seem to find any results that really specify what I am looking for on Google. Should I return the Harness and wait until next week and order a new one or should I try this one? My only concern is that if I get too far into it won't be returnable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.