WOW...my best sub and amp combo. I love MTX!

AZhomegrown
10+ year member

desert
So after messin with some pioneer stuff for a while and getting some half way decent results and for the price i couldnt complain, i only wanted more. I eventually upgraded to an MTX 10 inch thunder 7500. It specs to 4ohm DVC with 400wrms. I was powering it with a pioneer gm7400m pushing 400wrms at 2 ohms. Well i sold that cause it wasnt performing like i wanted and i was hearing that the mtx could take more. So i gave it more. I just purchased and recieved an MTX 600xd mono amp. It runs at 600wrms at 2ohms. I was a little skeptical about running the 600 watts to the sub. I love the remote bass level feature so with certain songs i can level out the bass. Overall i have thrown a lot at that sub and it just keeps punching. I have not had any issue with distortion or anthing and my car shakes like no other. I have one 10 and people have always been impressed with the sound previous setups thinking i had 2 subs or something much bigger than a 10 and with this new upgrade i think i will be dropping even more jaws with its performance. I also add some credit to the ported box i built that was designed to be tuned around 38hz but i really dont know becuase i made a few adjustments from the enclosure program i got my calculations from which was having the port get smaller as it exited compressing the sound. I did this to mimick the bose style in some manner of fasion. The box is a little crude but i plan on building a similar box with more attention to detail, part of it was due to a lack of better tools. All i can say is that mtx underates their products and i find that to be extremely unique in this world we live in. Thats what i call integrity. Also i love the paper with the actual performance of the sub which is higher than what they spec it. I love it....nothing more to say.

aaaah a tender subject me and the girl are trying to separate for a while not forever of course i definitely put my lips on her today i wont lie but going from an everday relationship to not seeing her for 2 weeks i needed another taste.

oh by the way after running the system hard for atleast 45 minutes straight the amp was hardly even warm. I also upgraded to 4g from 8g with my previous setup. Though it was a pain it was well worth it. I also routed my rca cables to the opposite side of my car as opposed to inline with them to prevent any unwanted noise. As well i ran the remote bass knob alongside the rca cables to keep that away from the power cable too. I heard of some people having problems with noise and distortion with it ran with the power cables so that is why i did this. I have no distortion and the bass adjustment works great. IT is labeled as a remote gain control but in the manual it says it doesnt adjust the gain, not saying the gain should be adjusted to control volume but i am curious as to what method of action does the bass knob take to reduce the volume of the bass?

collstory.jpg

ok so is my original topic rediculous or something cause thats the feeling i get. This is the general discussion forum and i was explaining how impressed i am with my new upgrade and mtx products. If there is something in there that takes away from that id like to know. I dont know what hidden rule i broke here to turn this topic into a trash bin. Im not the one who asked for weed, i just tried to get the most appropriate response to the statement. If anyone thinks im a hokey bastard for enjoying my system and my attempt to answer the first reply without being a dick thats great for you. Im not a dumb stoner if thats whats being insinuated. I currently carry a 3.3 gpa at my state university and by no means a skeevy stoner. Have your fun in your exclusive internet clique!

mtx 7500 is one of my top fav subs. good choice. most of the people are just razzing you bro, its a right of passage, enjoy it!

Yeah dont take the replies personally. These days most every new member seems to face a bit of opposition at the beginning. I dont like that it happens, but most people dont mean any harm, so whatever.

Glad you are happy with your new setup. If you have any questions or more comments, feel free to ask us.

im not another mindless drone that picks the standard degree program, im actually getting my BA in psychology in a couple months.
Actually, psychology is a petty common degree, and a bachelor's is worthless...ask my fiancee who can't get a job ANYWHERE with one.

Well ill try my best to deal with the innitiation process so thanks for telling me about that. I just find on many boards that people enjoy ridiculing rather than helping. Ill hold my tounge from now on. I appreciate the on topic posts and i definitely agree with the thunder 7500 being a great sub i have had nothing but success with it. As far as the psychology goes i have had offeres in different areas and seen options for me to use the degree as it is but i do plan on going further because i have a facination for psychopharmacology and genetics and plan on further education in the future. I have a big problem with the overmedication of the field of psychology and my ultimate goal is to have an effect on that and inforce theraputic treatments over just throwing another ssri at a mildly depressed patient or giving amphetemines to kids that need a little woopin to set them straight. Too many people feel that their unsatisfaction with life and innability to cope can be fixed with a magic pill and dont want to do any real work to help themselves. Enough on that, ill try to post some pics of my setup later if anyone would like to check it out. I need to get some more mdf and some carpet so i can set up my trunk with a bit of a custom look, so that will be a little further down the road.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.